i can't wait.

hey babies i'm back! so um i went to yuma and met my favorites, i literally wanted to cry so hard but i was strong and didn't :)

so this really sucks and i apologize because icould have done so much better but don't worry i'm working on something that hopefully you guys will love ;)

could have done so much better but don't worry i'm working on something that hopefully you guys will love ;)

i love you all so much <3

- kami 🌻

-

It was only an hour before the curtains would be drawn, Kaycee and the rest of the group whisked behind the stage - running through the pieces before showtime. But, just as Kaycee was running through the opening number on her own, a sharp pain crept up her calf sending her onto the floor.

The entire group stopped what they were doing, rushing over to the girl who had her leg pulled tight into her chest - clutching her calf as shocks of pain began to blur her vision, "Kaycee!" Bailey cried, kneeling down beside her best friend.

Tears began to comfort Kaycee's cheeks, low whimpers falling from her lips as Tricia pulls the girl's face into her hands. "It's okay, Munchie, you're going to be okay."

In that moment, the door was swung open revealing her best friend. His eyes scanned through the room, pushing through the many performers that crowded the backstage. "Sean, she's over here!" Julian waves over Sean, his fist clutching beneath his shirt as he finally reaches Kaycee.

"What happened, Angel?" Sean whispers, his thumb rubbing gentle circles across her cheek. Their friends watched in awe as Sean ran his fingers gently through her hair, massaging her scalp as she melted against his chest, fingers intertwined with his as their medic examined the teenager.

"Kaycee, the show starts in ten minutes, what are you going to do?" Tricia says, carefully pulling the girl onto her feet with the help of Sean. "Do you think you'll be good to dance?"

"Absolutely not." Sean interjects, "There's no way im letting you go out there, especially since you're injured." 

"Sean, I'm fine." Kaycee sighs, placing her hands on his shoulders. "I'm not even injured, It's nothing."

"What if you make it worse?"

"I won't make it worse, I promise." Sean ran his hand down, his fingers dancing along her side.

"If anything changes, you let me know, okay?"

"Okay." Kaycee nodded, wrapping her arms around his waist as he pulls her into his arms. "Please don't do anything that might hurt, for example your signature move, I don't think you should do it fully."

Kaycee bites down on her lip, knowing that he's right. "What about my solo? My whole performance is a bit straining on my leg."

"I don't think you can have a solo, Munchie." Tricia interjects, placing her hand on Kaycee's shoulder,
knowing it would hurt her not being able to perform on her own. "Don't worry, there's always next year."

"Okay." Kaycee sighed, a faltering smile on her lips as Sean pulls her head into his chest as she chants the saying to herself, trying to find comfort in the words.

"There's always next year."

-

The show had ended, everyone was exhausted, dreading waking up early for their long drive back home.

Kaycee stepped out from the shower, a bathrobe hanging off her damp skin. "Bailey, can you bring me my clothes!"

"Bailey!" Kaycee cries a few times before finally pushing the door open, "Bailey i've been
call you what the fu-"

Instead of finding her roommate for the past week, she instead found her best friend. Headphones plugged into his ears as he scrolls through his phone, still not realizing that his partner was standing before him practically naked.

Kaycee taps on his shoulder, her cheeks colored pink as his eyes widen, taking out his earbud. "C-can you pass me my clothes." She bites down on her lip, pointing to the pile of clothes folded neatly beside him.

"Uh- um yeah." Sean hands her his clothes, scratching the back of his neck as he watches her turn back into the bathroom.

Not long after their awkward encounter, Kaycee walks out from the restroom, her wet curls bouncing neatly against her shoulders as she makes her way to Sean.

"Where's Bails?"

"We switched rooms for the night, I guess she wanted to talk with Julian or something. I can sleep on the floor, and you can take the bed since I know you two were sharing." Sean suggests, grabbing his things to move to the floor.

"No, it's okay, you can stay there."

"Then where will you sleep?"

Kaycee walks over to the side of the bed, lifting the sheets before sliding in beside Sean. "With you."

Kaycee scooted closer to Sean, letting her head fall against his shoulder. The room grew silent, only hearing the sound of their chest fall and rise steadily.

"I'm really upset I couldn't perform much at the show." Kaycee muttered, fiddling with the hem of her shirt. "Especially since it was my first year with you, I was hoping I could show off a little."

"Don't be upset, Angel. You always come first, there was no way I could let you perform while being hurt and I know you said you were fine, but Kayc, I know
you. I know how much pain you were in, and even when you were getting out of the shower I could see how much you were holding back. You don't have to be strong around me."

"I didn't want to ruin your first year in Yuma, I know how you get when I'm hurt, you'll risk anything. I didn't want you to risk your time here."

Sean gently wraps his arm around Kaycee, pulling her into his chest - her fingers sprawled over his heart. "You could never ruin anything, especially this weekend."

"Thank you." Kaycee presses her lips to his cheek, ignoring the blush the crept from skin and the infectious laugh that fell from her mouth as she watched her best friends face change color. "I'm just
sad I wasn't able to perform my solo."

"Well, I can't wait to see it next year."

"Wait, so that means you're coming next year?"

"I mean, I would really like to see that amazing solo of yours." Sean winked, his finger tracing incoherent shapes against her wrist.

"I can't wait to do this all over again, especially with you." Kaycee smiles, looking down at their hands - surprised to find them intertwined.

"I can't wait."