Chapter 7

3 months later

I'm in my office right now. It's been three months since I became leader of Sunset. Everything has been running smoothly. I think people enjoy me being their leader instead of Jack. Leslie and I have gotten closer since then. We are basically best friends. I made her my second in command and she's been doing a great job. She helps me make decisions and helps me plan out jobs and other shit. I'm planning on making her co leader of the community. I feel like she's ready for it.

I step out of my office and head outside. Im greeted by Ashley's mother, Mary.

Mary: "Hey Y/N".

Y/N: "Hey Mary, how you doing?"

Mary: "I'm doing just fine, you?"

Y/N: "Great, How's Ashley?"

Mary: "She's doing good she's with Joseph right now".

Y/N: "Oh yeah I heard you two were a thing now"

Mary: "Yeah we are. He's kinda like a father to her now".

Y/N: "That's great. She really needs both parents right now, she's a good girl. If you need me or Leslie to look after her let us know"

Mary: "I will, I appreciate it".

Y/N: "So you need anything?"

Mary: "I actually came here to give you something".

Y/N: "What is it?"

She pulls out a gold necklace with ruby stones on it. It looks like a female necklace.

Mary: "Here".

Y/N: "What's it for?"

Mary: "For Leslie".

Y/N: "Leslie?"

Mary: "I know you guys are really close now. She talks to me about how you're an amazing friend and she really likes you. I think you like her too".

Y/N: "I uh- don't..."

Mary: "Don't know what i'm talking about. I think you know. Just ask her, I doubt she'll say no. You guys are perfect for each other".

Y/N: "Where'd you get it?"

Mary: "It was my mothers given to her by my father. They loved each other a lot. She gave it to me on her death bed.".

Y/N: "I'm sorry".

Mary: "Don't be. It was before all this bullshit happened. Now I'm glad it's being put to use".

She grabs my hand and places the necklace in it. 

Mary: "Give it to her when you're ready. You won't regret it. I'll see you later".

She walks off leaving me to my thoughts. Leslie is one of a kind but I'm not sure about dating again. Maybe I'll go hang out with her and tell her there. I like Leslie but I'm not sure if I'm ready for that again. But she does make me happy. I don't know, we'll see.

Leslie comes out from our house and walks over to me.

Leslie: "Hey".

Y/N: "Hey".

I say putting the necklace in my pocket so she doesn't see it yet. She notices.

Leslie: "Watcha got there?"

Y/N: "Oh it's nothing".

Leslie: "Ok".

She says suspiciously.

Y/N: "Need anything?".

Leslie: "I was wondering if you wanted to go hunting?"

Y/N: "Sure let me get my gear and we'll head out".