■ E I G H T E E N ■

I couldn't identify the voice or see them in the dark. The light from outside was no help and the shadows only grew darker as the sun sunk below the roof line.

Helpless, the person holding me pulled me away from the door. I wanted to scream but I didn't want to be brutally murdered either.

I tried to speak, to ask who they were but nothing would escape, because the idiot hadn't removed their hand.

"I need you to listen Christie," I heard, a male voice, almost pleading.

Oh, I definitely knew who this son of a bitch was.

I folded my arms and fell forward. My asshole capture wasn't expecting it and suddenly let go of me. Falling onto the floor, I rolled over and sat up.

"Get the hell out of my room, James or I will scream," I stated coldly.

James sighed.

Upon hearing footsteps, the light flicked on and I blinked at the sudden brightness. James stood by my lamp, cast in an orange glow. "How did you know it was me?" He asked, before sitting in the edge of my bed.

"I have an asshole radar," I replied.

Flicking his eyes to my bedroom door, he looked to be in thought.

"What do you want? Spit it out so you can leave and we can go back to ignoring each other," I said, as I got up from the floor.

James sighed again, crossing his arms.

"Why do you have to be so hostile?" He asked, tilting his head.

Turning to look at him, I narrowed my eyes. "The fact that you have to ask makes me hate you more," I replied.

"I know I lied to you but you're making this so much more dramatic than it is," he stated, gesturing to the air between us.

"Trust is a big thing for me James, because if you don't have trust than you have a personal relationship built on lies, besides why do you even care?" I asked.

"What?"

"Why are you going out of your road to try and talk to me about what happened? Why not just let the subject drop and leave it alone? I did, you're chasing after me like you're trying to convince yourself you did the right thing," I replied.

"I didn't do the right thing, but I just don't understand why we have to stop being friends!" He hissed back.

"You pretended to be in love with me so you could help Caitlyn destroy me," I said, my anger rising to breaking point.

"I didn't pretend anything," he replied.

Scoffing, I turned away from him. "Save it James, I'm really not in the mood for your 'oh but I am actually in love with you' sob story," I said, walking over to my study desk.

"Believe what you want to believe Christine, but it's true," he confessed.

"And pigs fly backwards," I said in return.

He studied me as I turned to look at him. "So you're just going to pretend that those nights in my car were just a terrible nightmare?" He asked.

"Pretty much."

"Well I won't," he said with a shrug of his shoulders.

I narrowed my eyes as he stepped closer. "I will remember every detail like how soft your lips were and that heavenly sound you make when you whispered my name and I'll keep them all to myself," he said, watching me carefully.

Balling my hand into a fist, I glared.

"Forget everything James because those memories are reserved for the person I knew I was with," I ground out.

"Or what? What are you going to do?" He asked.

I gritted my teeth. "Get out," I stated.

"No,"

"James, get the fuck out of my room,"

"No."

He was in front of me now, my hands were shaking. I was angry. I wanted to lash out. I was trying to hold myself together, not to cry or scream or break his face.

"Get. Out" I said, my voice low.

This was his final warning.

I closed my eyes as if preparing for some smart ass reply, but I didn't expect him to reach out and cup my cheek. I jolted and opened my eyes, staring at him and daring him to make another move.

"I've never lied about my feelings towards you," he said calmly.

And then it was like slow motion, he was leaning in and preparing himself to kiss me. I was leaning back and trying to get away. Not even realising, James was moving closer and closer to my fist that I raised.

It hit him, square in the jaw, not hard enough to cause damage but hard enough for him to know that I didn't appreciate him and his non consensual lips.

Time fastened up and James grabbed his jaw, falling back. "Get the hell out!" I snapped.

His eyes went wide as he studied me. I lifted my arm and pointed to the window, "now!" I added.

Casting his eyes down, he moved towards the window and began to clamber down. When I saw the top of his head disappear, I moved over to the window and shut it, hard enough to make the glass wobble.

I breathed heavily and sat on the edge of my bed. My fingers ached from punching him, and I lifted my hand to see that they were all red and sore.

"Christine! I heard yelling, are you okay?" My mother's voice called out.

"I'm fine!" I called back as I glanced over at tue window.

How dare he break into my home, try to say he did nothing wrong and then try to kiss me, while still being in a relationship with that destroyer of worlds. James Mareno was an asshole, someone I was going to stay away from forbthe rest of my life.

He was a player. The boy, all Mother's warn their daughters not to date, and I hated him. No, I loathed him and I never wanted to see him again.

A/N

James, my boy. You just made your situation so much worse. And you got hit for it. So sucks to be you dude.

What do you guys think?
Did he deserve it?

Are we team Christie?

Don't forget to vote and comment!
Follow my Project EarthAwareProgram
Lots of love, Tavana xoxox