Chapter Fifteen

Ann and Haru spoke with Osoroshi theirselves to see what she was like. Yet, she seemed like a very pleasant, kind person.

The girls were smarter than that.

The returned to Leblanc to quickly change out the ball gowns for more comfortable attire, then hurried to the Sakura household to tell everyone what they learned.

"So Akechi wasn't the problem?" Makoto said after the report.

"Akira was more upset about that surgeon?" Yusuke folded his arms.

   Ann nodded. "Yeah, like just hearing her name triggered bad memories."

   "Believe it or not, Akechi-Kun was the one that took Akira away to calm down." Haru added.

   Futaba scratched her chin, deep in thought, then turned to face her computers.

   "What's the surgeons name?"

   "Uh, Osoroshi Usagi." Ann said.

   "Did you hear anything Akira talked about with Akechi? Maybe he said something to him." Morgana said.

   Ann and Haru shook their heads.

   "What if it doesn't have to do with that lady at all? I mean,  maybe there's some... health issues in his family and seeing a doctor that's helped so many people just upset him a little..." Ryuji shrugged.

   "Guess again!"

   Futaba moved back to show everyone her screens. They all had a bunch of documents that were almost impossible to read. Makoto cleared her throat.

   "What... is this exactly?"

   "I did some searching and found out a lot about Ms. Usagi. She did most of her work in a hospital located somewhat close to Akira's hometown. I hacked into the hospital website and found documents on all of her patients from over the years."

   "All fifty?" Ryuji said in awe.

   "No..." Futaba's voice grew serious, "I found all seventy-six..."

   "Whoa, wait! Seventy-six?!" Ann exclaimed. "Then that means..."

   "Ms. Usagi isn't as good a surgeon as she makes herself out to be." Futaba faced the computers again. "By the looks of it, a lot of the patients died during the surgery. Others were regulars, meaning they were in and out of the hospital."

   The next thing Futaba pulled up were multiple photos, each showing Osoroshi with a different person.

   "She likes talking photos with her patients before she operates on them. And here is where shit gets crazy..."

   Futaba enlarged one of the photos. Everyone was suddenly up to get a closer look.

   "What the eff?! Akira?!" Ryuji exclaimed.

   "Akira was her patient?!" Makoto cried.

  "No, that can't be it, he would've known about the party tonight, she would've invited him," Yusuke said.

   Futaba held a hand up to get everyone to quiet down. Then she pointed back at the photo.

   "The eyes."

   "What?" Haru said.

   "Akira's eyes are gray. They're blue in this picture. And look, that birthmark on his collarbone there? Akira doesn't have that." Futaba explained.

   "Wait... what are you saying?" Morgana asked, clueless.

   "Twins..." Yusuke said first. "Akira has a twin brother!"