XVIII.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬❝ truth never damages a cause that is just

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
truth never damages
a cause that is just.
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
⚌⚌

HE WASNT EXPECTING to receive a phone call this late, not from anyone that wasn't namjoon trying to parent him again about decision making and healthy choices. there was no chances of him answering that phone call. but this one, jungkook stared at the familiar number for a second, recognized it from the notes jimin took on family of the usan hotel owner. taehyung was calling him.

jungkook stared down at his phone, seeing the enticing digits. he suddenly realized he should keep his eyes on the road, slowing down once he exited the tunnel and the moon shone light on the road instead of the orange glow.

"hello."

"jungkook!" taehyung said his name with a smile, the champagne in his glass was gone but he didn't really notice, taking a sip anyways. "where did you go?"

it was a second before he answered, making sure to pull over in the lot of an old gas station. "i had to get some air." jungkook walked away from his car a bit, pacing while he listened to the tipsy boy.

"there's air in the hotel you dummy." the brunette was laying on the bed, staring up at the ceiling and wondering why he wasn't tired yet. sleep hasn't been coming easy recently, too much work and too much stress and he couldn't keep covering it up with pretty drinks and late nights. "we can share the air."

"oh yeah?" jungkook chuckled and leaned against the hood of his car, "i guess you're right, taehyung." it was a little chilly out, but the t-shirt was good enough for him, though he didn't mind the thought of going back to pick up the pretty bit from the hotel.

"i like when you say my name." he might not have said it on a normal night, but taehyung was kind of tired, and kind of drunk. there was no filter saving him this time.

jungkook ran his tongue over his bottom lip, a soft sigh following as the line stayed silent for a moment or so. "you should get some sleep."

"i'm not tired." the brunette mumbled, obviously a lie. his eyes were already drooping and his limbs felt heavy against the soft mattress he laid on.

"that makes two of us." jungkook scraped the two of his boot over the cigarette butt he just dropped on the pavement.

"let's do something fun!" taehyung was suddenly sitting up and going over a number of things they could go out and do at this time of night. they seemed to always get food so maybe something else could be their activity tonight.