3.

I wake up at eight in the morning, late for my circumstances

I wake up at eight in the morning, late for my circumstances. I've always been an early bird. There's something so peaceful about being awake before everybody else. 

I'm surprised that I was able to sleep after the events of my first day, a sign for pure exhaustion. I even forgot to set an alarm for this morning, and I'm happy that I woke up when I did. My heart starts to race insanely when I remember that I'll have to meet Jace at the café in about an hour, but I try to remain calm. 

Today is Saturday and my classes start on Monday. My plan for today was to explore campus, to see where I can find my seminar rooms and the right buildings for them. A very soothing thought for me - when things are planned out and I won't have to worry about being late. I guess I can still do all of that after meeting Jace.

Since it's starting to get a little colder this time of year, I decide to put on some light blue straight jeans with a white sweater and white sneakers. If one would try to describe my style, I think the answer would be average. I don't put too much effort into my clothes, but I still like dressing up for the right occasion. 

Maybe that's the reason why I've never really been the popular girl. I felt left out most of high school, because I was never invited into the big girl groups that formed. In the end I don't really mind though, I hate attention and that's all you get in those groups.

Lastly, I grab my phone, my black purse and keys and leave my room behind. I take a big breath and try to calm my anxiety as I walk through the dorm. I notice that the halls are pretty quiet on Saturdays. The fact that no one seems to be up yet sends a little wave of peace through me. Everyone was probably out drinking the night before, having to sleep off all their alcohol or drug intake. There's no hectic rush in the air, and I love every minute of it.

At 8:54 am I reach the little coffee shop right on campus. I didn't have any problem finding this place, since it's right in the center and you can't really miss it. 

I fumble around with my hair, making sure it's sitting right, not really knowing why I'm doing it in the first place. With one last big breath, I walk through door. I look to the left, see that this place is as good as empty, and wonder if they're even open yet.

"You came" I hear from a dark voice. 

My head snaps to the right and, sure enough, there he is. Jace is sitting at a table in the corner with his dark grey laptop placed in front of him. It looks like he was doing some work just then.

"Like you said, I didn't really have much of a choice" I say quietly, my shyness taking over me again.

"Come sit" he says smirking, while closing his laptop and storing it away in his bag. For some reason I feel lost, so I do as demanded and make my way over.

I have the time to take a closer look at him while doing so. He doesn't look as dark as he did yesterday, with his black jeans and off-white knitted sweater. He stands up, and I'm unsure about what he's planning to do.