Chapter Twenty-two

Savannah

I wake up seeing bright light, but making some colors and figures. I try moving but I feel something heavy on my leg, looking down and seeing a cast on my leg.

"Hey hun! How you feeling?" She asked coming beside me. "Mom what happened, I am really confused now." I say.

"Well you had a little fall, might've broken your ankle, but the doctor said you should recover within 3-6 months." She says. I groan.

"Mom.... but basketball season." I whine. "Savannah.... im sorry, but I'm not sure if you'll be better by then." She says. Making me groan.

"Hello... Ms. Savannah I am Dr. smith. As you can see or your parents probably told you, you do have a broken ankle. You do have a long way for recover maybe two months before you get a boot, then a month and a half before you can walk on your on with a brace." He says.

"Do you think I could recover fast than that?" I ask. "Possibly, But you'd have to rest a lot, I recommend it anyways to give your ankle time to heal." He says.

"Guess Im staying in bed for two months mom." I joke. Making them laugh.

"Is there any questions I can answer for you guys?" He asks. "When Can she get released?" My mom asks.

"Tomorrow morning latest afternoon." He says. "Do you know when she could possible be walking with the boot?" My dad asks.

"Maybe a month and a half, two months, till then she'll have the cast and some crutches." Doctor says. Making me groan in my mind, I could see it upset my dad since he's the one that got me into basketball.

~
We finally get to leave the hospital, I am gonna hate this whole crutches. My friends were bringing my homework to my house so I could get it done once and for all while they helped.

The doorbell rang. Kylie went to see who it was. While me and Lia kept talking, we could hear the door slam and Kylie's scream. It was like a "oh my god I'm gonna die" scream. She ran in with a box. I was confused.

"This.... is for you Savannah." She says setting it on my lap. "I didn't order anything." I say.
"Well it was sent to you." She says. I was confused I took off the cover to see the name Maison Fleurs.

"Oh my god." I let out. This is expensive. I take off the top to see colored beautiful flowers. It was amusing to my eyes.

"Read the note

"Read the note." Lia says.
"wait?! Let's try and guess who it's from."Kylie  says. "I say from Jordan." Kylie adds.

"I say..... Jack." Lia states.
"what? How could u even possibly believe its him after he's been basically ghosting her." Kylie starts.

"Because... i still have hope for them." She says. Making Kylie roll her eyes. I open the small envelope, looking at the girls before I open to read it,

"Heard what happened, I'm sorry I didn't come to see you at the hospital, but hope you're getting better. I'm always here, I always care. I Love you. I'll come around soon. Promise.

Love jack"

"I knew it! What'd I tell you?!" Lia yells at Kylie. "Doesn't cover up he's playing with her."

"Did you not hear what he wrote, he cares, he's there, and he loves her. He promised to come around soon." Lia says.
"But we don't know when soon is." Kylie responds.

"Guys... I don't really care, like it's cute he sent me flowers and a note i guess, but he does have a girlfriend. Maybe he just focusing on school and his girl." I say.

"I don't think that's what's up." Lia says. "I disagree, honestly Savannah. You shouldn't wait for him." Kylie says.

I couldn't decide, only because I really liked jack even more than I did. All I could do is go with what I want to do.

~
While Kylie was using the bathroom, Lia went to go get food. The doorbell ring, leaving me to go open the door. Gave me trouble getting up and using the crutches.

When I open the door, I least expected who was there........

Derek.
"Derek?! Hey! What are you doing here?" I asked shocked. "Well... I heard what happened... I had to come by." He says.
"I uh.... brought you some flowers and food. I hope you don't mind." He adds.

"Derek you didn't have to, honestly, but come in." I say moving a bit out of the way. He steps in going to the side while I closed the door, or trying I should say by slamming the door.

"Here come on... we can go to the living room." I say moving ahead of him. I make it around out of breathe letting myself fall on the couch.

"So.... how'd that happen?" He asked setting the stuff down.
"The truth is I was on the roof and I tried getting down by myself which resulted in me slipping and falling. Here I am." I say smiling a little.

"Oof.... that must've sucked, what were you doing up there?" He asked. "I was just talking to a friend because I had friends over and we didn't want to talk around them." I say.

"I mean tha-"
"Hey Savannah who was at the door?!" Kylie yells walking into the living room.

"Derek." I say.

"Oh Derek! Your here! Great! Make this girl lighten up a bit." She says.
"Hey! I'm right here, I am fun. I don't need someone to make me have fun or anything." I say.

In which she gives me a 'sureeeee' look. I roll my eyes at her. "So what were you guys doing until I got here?" He ask.

"Well we're waiting on Lia to get back with the food. If you want we can order you some food." I suggest.
"Thanks, But no thanks. I kinda already ate." He responds. "You sure?" Kylie asks. Derek nodding his head.

"Hey Bitches! I'm here with food!" I hear Lia yell. Kylie and I scream.

"Oh... Derek! Your here!" Lia says In a sarcastic voice making Kylie and I laugh.

••••