Tears

Hey y'all! I thought I would do a cute, sappy one to make up for the one that I did last time. I think you guys will enjoy this one a little more than you did the other one. _____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Her entire life, Maya had only ever told herself one thing. Stay strong. Maya had a hard life when it came to emotional pain. Her father had left her and her mother when she was just five years old, her mother had taken to working two jobs just to be able to afford food and education for her daughter, which meant that from a very young age Maya had to get herself up and ready for school.

She had learned to take care of herself for the most part. Give herself a bath, change her own clothes, make her own breakfast, walk to school and make sure that she was there on time. She was responsible for making sure that she did her own homework and made sure all her assignments were due on time. Trough all of this she only had one thought running through her mind, Stay Strong.

'Dont let them see you cry' She told herself when her teachers would hand her another D because she didnt have anyone to help her. 'Dont let them see your fear' She would say when it was time to walk the streets of New York by herself. 'Dont show them weakness' She would repeat whenever someone would bring up the fact that she was basically an orphan.

Stay Strong.

Joshua Matthews never went a morning without a nice hot breakfast waiting for him on the table whenever he woke up for school. Josh never went a morning without his mother kissing him goodbye or his father giving him a hug and telling him to be safe driving. When he went off to college, he still had a family to go to whenever he was feeling homesick.

Josh never had to worry about hiding his emotions when it came to how he was feeling. His patents had always given him a safe place, a place where he could talk freely about how he felt. Where he could be angry, hurt, sad, bitter, happy, and nobody judge him for it.

Maya walked around with the most laid back attitude, as if nothing could bring her down.

"You're too young, Maya."

'Dont you dare let him see you cry'

"It would never work between us."

'No weakness.'

"Okay, Josh. I'll remind you of this when its our wedding day." Maya nodded at him. Josh smiled and rolled his eyes at her before walking away.

'Dont you dare show your emotions.'

Somewhere along the way, Josh had started to notice Maya. He noticed the way her eyes lit up when she was genuinely happy, or how she gave a closed lip smile when she was faking being happy. He noticed the way she bit her lip in concentration, how she went out of her way to help those she loved, how she put her friends first. Some where he noticed how Maya was actually the most compassionate person he had ever met, and any guy would be lucky to have her in their corner for life.

So Josh expressed that, and it wasn't until he expressed the way he felt when he realized how hard it was for Maya to really open up. They started dating, and Josh told her everything. When something good happened, when something bad happened, when he was overjoyed, when he was overwhelmed. Maya always put him first. Held him when he needed to be held, celebrated with him when he wanted to celebrate. She was the perfect girlfriend, Josh only wished she would let him return the favor.

"Do you want to talk about it?" Josh asked her one night as they were sitting in his dorm room. It was way past curfew and Maya didnt feel like sneaking all the way across campus just to get a lecture on the importance of curfews from Riley. So Josh had kicked Andrew out to the room across the hall where they had friends staying so him and Maya could have some time to themselves.