Chapter 44: Digitalize

Song Quote: Deep Water
"When it pulls me under, will you make me stronger Will you be my breath through the deep, deep water
Take me farther, give me one day longer Will you be my breath through the deep, deep water Ain't even scratched the surface Thinking I deserve the dream but I don't deserve the hurting I want the flame without the burning But I can't find my purpose when I don't know what my worth is"
~~~

Your Pov:
Back at Borg Tower you and Cyrus got to work on the plan he had drawn out. Pixal stood by the main computer keeping the emergency generator's power going. 

He worked diligently but without power to the system there would be no point.
Zane had offered for you both to use his blue heart to power the network. You flat out rejected that idea because he needs it too.

However the ice ninja was very persistent and you eventually caved in and connected the cable to his chest.

"I think we should put the main switch over here" Borg said as he placed the big red switch down "To keep it tucked away a little.

You helped him connect some more cables as you both worked together to get this machine working. "With a few more coaxial cables, we may be able to reboot the system with the techno blades and erase the digital Overlord for good" Borg murmured aloud to himself.

"I thought you said we needed the stolen hard drive to do that?" Jay inquired raising an eyebrow.

"It's possible that we can reboot it wirelessly with Zane's powers" you told them and gestured to the nindroid with the long extension cord.

"By the time we figure out where Lloyd is, it'll be too late to stop the Overlord from draining his golden power" Cyrus told the group.

"And escaping the Digiverse?" Nya asked and Cyrus nodded "But if we digitize the ninja and techno blades using my experimental technology, you could fight him on his own turf inside the diverse."

"What do you mean inside the Digiverse?" Jay turned to you and Borg curiously.

"Yes Jay, you're going to get put inside a videogame" You told the ninja as the biggest smile was formed on his face.

"I know! I wanted to hear it again we're going inside a videogame! That's so cool!" The blue ninja exclaimed holding your shoulders and shaking you in excitement.

Pixal frowned and decided to speak up "Mr. Borg, if anything were to happen to them inside the program—"

"Of course, there's a catch I'm afraid" Cyrus interrupted Jay's moment of pure joy "You know how in videogames you get multiple lives or do overs? It's not like that."

Jay looked up at the screen frowning as the light blue colors of the digital world came to life on the screen.

"Presto! We're up and running!" Borg smiled as there was a bang out the elevator doors.

"Aha! You see? Borg is holding out on us!" The mailman yelled to the crowd of people as they came into the room.
"He does have power!"

"This is no time for more post-apocalyptic role playing, postman" Borg told the crowds leader as the people were being loud and rambunctious.

"This isn't a game anymore! We heard about the nindroid activity. What if they come back? We need power to defend ourselves and I wanna catch up on my shows!" He roared as the crowd grew more restless and angrier.

The began to converge on Cyrus and Zane, growing angry and crankier by the second. All because a simple convenience has been taken away.

"Back up" You growled and appeared in between the groups. You disarmed one of the civilians, taking their frying pan for yourself.