Chapter -13

1 and a half year later..

"Diya, give me your marksheet of 10th and 12th grade", Tarun said while looking at some documents in his hands.

"They are at my mom's place. I forgot to get my documents from there" , Diya said from the kitchen.

"Ok , then please go and get it from there", Tarun said.

"Is it important to get them?", Diya asked while coming to living room.

"If it wasn't important , I wouldn't have told you to go there", Tarun said while looking at her.

"Ok , once I finish with this work , I will go and collect them", Diya said.

It has been more then a year when Tarun or Diya meet Diya's parents. After Bhavika's b'day neither Diya contacted them nor her parents. Tarun told Diya many a times to forget what happened and visit her parents but she was adamant.

Tarun's and Diya's relationship has also changed in this particular period of time. They became close due to Bhavika. If not love then atleast they have started to like each others company. Tarun now started looking at Diya, as a husband at his wife. Her every wish was his command. He took care of her , fulfilled her wishes even after her not telling him.

Few days back...
Tarun and Diya has come to a mall for an outing. They usually go out on Sunday evenings. Sometimes they watch movies or go for dinner in a hotel or sometimes even for having street food.

They were just roaming around the mall when Diya's eyes got stuck on a particular dress. She went inside the shop and asked for the price of the particular dress. When she came to know the price , she left the dress and came out of the shop.

"Ahh...Diya , how are you baby? It's been long since we meet", Payal said while hugging Diya.

"I am fine mom , how are you?", Diya asked.

"I am fine , so what happened you didn't like that dress?", Payal asked eyeing the dress which Diya left just now.

"No mom , it's good", Diya said.

"Then , why didn't you purchase it? Ohh I am sorry ,I asked you a wrong question. You wanted to buy it , but your husband can't afford such an expensive dress. If you liked it so much then come I will purchase it for you and give you as a gift", Payal said dragging Diya inside the shop.

"Leave my hand mom ,I liked that dress but I don't want it as a gift from you. My husband is really efficient to buy that dress and give me but it is just that, I don't want him to spend so much money on a dress", Diya told Payal and went away from there.

Payal is astonished to see this side of Diya. The girl who never made eye contact with her while talking, is giving her back answer.