27

"Hyewon, we have to go, now."

"Hm... Kkura, where- why?"

Sakura flopped out of bed in the same fashion a fish would flop out of a shallow bucket, both hands gripping onto Hyewon's arm tightly as though she meant to rip it off.

She sighed, frustrated, anxiety  progressively building in her chest, and typed a message into the group.

Dread settled in the pit of her stomach like a heavy stone.

...

Kkurachan: one of you turn on your location

Yuri: sakura whats happeni

Nakochan: smoke

ChaeYEON: my location is on

Eunbi: i can't find yujin

Eunbi: i told that bastard child to hide now shes lost its my fault we're gonna find that god damn 170cm body dead

Yudaeng: LMAOOO BASTARD CHILD

Yudaeng: ALL JOKES ASIDE I HAVE WONYOUNG BUT IM NOT SURE WHERE YURI IS

Hitomichan: i cant breathe chaeyeon

ChaeYEON: hold on for me, im coming in okay?

Hitomichan: ok

ChaeWON: WHERES MINJU

...

Hyewon received every notification, but didn't tap on the chat.

She was looking into a certain ticket site.

JEJU TOURS FERRY SERVICE

next ferry 0430

later times 0700|0830|1230|1600

"Shit..." she muttered. It was only 2AM.

She tugged on Sakura's ear with a forefinger and thumb.

"What?" Sakura hissed. Her gaze fell onto Hyewon's phone screen and looked it over. "Four thirty- we can't wait, Hyewon! Who knows what might happen to them in two hours?! It takes an hour to get back alone, if you don't include a half-hour long bus ride! Wh-"

Hyewon clapped her hand over Sakura's mouth.

"Pack your bags, now."

"Huh? But there isn't any ferry-"

Hyewon kicked Daeman's back gently. He rolled over and muttered groggily but was silenced by Hyewon's palm.

"Daeman-ah. There's been an emergency at home and you need to help us," she said, tapping his cheek.

"What emergency?" Daeman whispered through her fingers.

"Hunters are after Kkura. Get us home please. I'll buy you rice cakes for a week."

Daeman didn't need it, but he still grinned and rolled out of bed, careful not to wake Miyun as he peeled the blanket off his legs.

"Hyewon?"

Hyewon turned her back on Daeman to face Sakura.

She looked so small beside her duffel. The darkness only outlined her, making her look like a child.

"Yes, Kkura?"

"How are we gonna get back fast enough?"

Silence weighed down the air between them until the tension snapped.