6.

With every step we take, I feel my legs go weaker and weaker

With every step we take, I feel my legs go weaker and weaker. I wonder what Jace is planning to do. Is this an attempt to hook up? I would give a lot to be able to read his thoughts right now.

I let my own wander back to Jessica, and I don't want to know how many times Jace took her up these stairs to do who knows what. I remember all the anxiety I felt earlier, but I don't say anything. For now I'm just taking step after step, to wait and see and what happens.

Soon, we reach the top of the stairs, and I follow Jace to the end of the hall. He turns to the right and opens a door to a random room. He checks if it's empty, and then pulls me inside. The door behind us closes, and Jace pushes me against it gently. He's so close to me that my head starts spinning. From the alcohol, of course, but his actions are not making it better for me. 

His forehead is touching mine, like it was when we were dancing earlier. I feel the need to close my eyes and enjoy this moment, but I don't. All I hear is our breaths and the music playing softly from downstairs. I feel intimidated by his stare and feel shyness coming over me. 

Taking up all of the courage I have, I look him right into his beautiful, blue eyes. We just look at each other for a while, until Jace starts to caress my neck with his finger. It feels like he's coming closer, trying to kiss me, but his movements are slow, as if he's lingering to see how I react. Before anything can happen, I snap out of it.

"Jace" I say quietly, to stop him. 

He stops moving his hand that is now on my arm and looks at me expectantly. 

 "This is not me. I'm not Jessica. Nothing's going to happen" I tell him, and look down to the floor to hide my face. 

Bree's voice appears in my head, telling me about his reputation. Am I just one of those girls to him? Is that why he put in all the effort, to conquer me?

Jace pulls back from me, and I'm curious to see how he's going to react. For a second I wonder if he's just going to leave and look for another girl to hook up with. I lean my hands on the door behind me to support myself, but look right back up to see Jace smirking at me.

"Don't worry, I didn't bring you up here to fuck you" he says, and his word choice makes me shudder. 

Even though that's what I wanted to hear, I feel slight disappointment. He made it sound like he would never even think about it.

"Oh..." is all I can bring out. 

I look back to the floor, not knowing how to answer to that. He notices my weird reaction right way.

"I didn't mean it like that. But I'm not going to touch you when you're drunk" Jace takes another step closer to me, once again appearing right in front of me. 

I feel the heat of his body burning on my skin. 

"When" he emphasizes "I touch you" he puts his hand on my cheek, leaving that burning too. "You're going to be completely sober" he finishes and his hands leaves me.