𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐫𝐭𝐲 𝐭𝐰𝐨. 𝐛𝐚𝐛𝐲 𝐭𝐚𝐥𝐤

-

-

MARINA RUSHED OUT OF THE HOSPITAL as soon as Samuel began asking questions. Samuel stood next to his brother, who was rubbing his shoulder in support, unaware that his brother was the father of his girlfriend's child. Complicated, I know. My only thought now was what on earth were they going to do. Was Marina gonna keep the baby? Would she tell Samuel who the father was? Or would Nano? Only time would tell.

We drove home in silence, with Nano not even making a stupid remark or anything. No flirting, no stupid rich people jokes, nothing. Samuel sat in the back, tapping his foot on the floor of the car, probably trying to figure out who the hell the father was. I felt so bad, knowing that I knew and I hadn't said anything. I was supposed to be one of his closest friends, and yet I had the answer to the question he was torturing himself with. But I couldn't. There was no way I could tell him. It just wasn't my job. Nano should have told him. Marina should have told him. And yet they both let him down, and kept it quiet. Their little secret. What I thought was a simple hook up had seemed to have developed into a full blown love affair, and I hadn't even noticed.

When the car finally stopped outside the apartment, Samuel immediately sprung from the car, rushing past Nano and rushing to get home, away from everyone. I called his name, and he didn't even look back. I climbed out the car, staring Nano up and down as I asked myself so many questions- the first being what the hell was going on with Marina and Nano. "Jada, look-" I interrupted him, holding my hand up as he went to continue. "Don't bother trying to explain why you haven't told Samuel, or what the hell is going on with you and Marina, it's fine, I don't care." I spoke up, slamming the car door as I turned on the spot, walking into my apartment block to go home, away from the drama. "Wait!" He called after me, and I turned to him, not at all in the mood. "Look, Marina and I have kind of been seeing each other. My plan was to get with her to get to her house and get those documents, but then I couldn't stop thinking about her. I saw her a few times afterwards, and we've kissed since the party. After she was with my brother, she came to see me, I don't know what's going on, it's complicated." He rushed out some sort of explanation, and all I could think was how he could do that, or how Marina could do that. After she took Samuel's virginity, she went to see Nano. I wasn't sure what was going on, but the Marina I met first and the Marina I knew now seemed like completely different people. "Nano, why did you kiss me before? Huh? Why do you flirt and say you want me when this whole time you've been with Marina? It's bullshit Nano, and you know it. I can't believe I ever thought you might be a decent guy." I laughed as I walked away, leaving Nano standing there is shock, hopefully realising how much of an ass he'd been. I headed into my apartment, closing the door behind me, shaking my head at the whole situation.

"Fuck." I slumped down onto the sofa, closing my eyes as if to block everything out. I shove my bag on the table, grabbing all my stuff I needed to roll a joint or two, perfecting them as always. After the shitty day I had, a joint was the saviour I needed to relax, and as I lit it, leaning out the window, I could already feel myself relax just knowing that I was about to be high as a kite. As I leaned out the window, I completely ignored all my surroundings, including my phone ringing from my bag. Staring down at the street below, I noticed the skateboarders and the bikers riding up and down the road, laughing to each other, probably living a much more drama free life compared to mine. I sighed, heading back to my spot on the sofa, rummaging through my bag to find some snacks or something. Underneath my paperwork sat a chocolate bar, which excited me since I'd forgotten about it. I rushed to open it, finally noticing my phone lighting up in my bag, ringing with an unknown number calling me. I ignored the phone, until I noticed that whoever it was had already called me twice, and clearly wasn't giving up any time soon.

"Hello?" I asked softly down the phone, taking another pull from my joint. "Hola Jada. It's Carla." I rolled my eyes in response, glad she couldn't see me. "You were right. About Christian. I believe him now. Have you heard from him? He won't answer us." I scoffed at hearing her words, hearing her say I was right made me almost laugh. I stifled a giggle, before responding, "Carla, no. I have not heard from him. When he is ready he will talk to you." I said, and she sighed, but I heard a man laugh in the background, and it wasn't a nice laugh. "Darling, don't you realise? He only comes crawling back to you when we all fall out. When he has no one else, you're there. You're only a here when he doesn't have us. Always. How foolish you are." Polo's voice echoes through the phone, his words ringing in my ears, almost sounding true. "Polo, don't be rude." Carla said, before mumbling 'ciao' through the phone and hanging up. "What the fuck." I whispered to myself, realising that Polo might just be right. Christian came to me when they hurt him. At the party. The other night. I laughed to myself as my mind spun out of control, toying between the idea of Christian using me or Christian actually caring for me. In all honesty, I was growing tired of the men in my life and their stupidity. All of them. Samuel's brother Nano has been coming to me when Marina was unavailable. Samuel's too blind to see that his brother and his girl are hooking up, he's so blind he can't see what's in front of him. Christian is too obsessed with Carla to see they are using him, that he's just a pawn in their relationship. Guzman still keeps crawling back to Lu, despite her constant bullshit and her attitude with just about everyone. God, I was tired. Beyond tired.

So caught up in my thoughts, I didn't even hear my front door open. I didn't even notice anyone was with me until I felt hands reach for the joint in between my lips, causing me to sit up immediately, almost jumping out of my seat. Grabbing the closest thing I could use as a weapon, which was the vase beside me, I turned to the intruder and smashed it across his head, not realising that the stranger wasn't even a stranger at all. It was Christian Varela. "Holy shit!" I said, as his head began bleeding, but he laid there laughing, cursing but laughing. "Did I piss you off or something?" He said, holding his head in pain as I pulled him up from the floor. "Qué haces aquí?" I asked as I held on to his other hand, leading him into the kitchen to grab a paper towel or something to clean the blood from his face that did not want to stop dripping all over the place. "Vine a verte. Quería asegurarme de que estuvieras bien." He said, as I sat on the countertop, him standing in between my legs as I held the wet tissue to his head, trying to clean the cut I caused. "¿No tienes nada mejor que hacer? The princess wants to see you." I said, looking down at the floor, hand still resting on his wound. "I don't want to see the princess. I came to see you." He said with confidence, lifting my head up to make eye contact with him, as he smiled at me. "Qué pasa?" He asked, and I shook my head, pushing him away from me so I could get off the counter top. "Just go home. I'm fine." I said, not really wanting to talk to him. Despite feeling bad for the cut, I still didn't want to be with him right now. I just wanted to be alone with my thoughts. I wasn't going to be his back up, his second choice, or the one he comes to when his princess leaves him. I'm no one's second choice. Ever.

"Por qué no me dices qué pasa? Me puedes hablar de cualquier cosa." I groaned as he continued to follow me to the sofa, bloody tissue held to his face. I laughed slightly, even though I shouldn't, and I got up from the sofa again, half to escape the Varela boy and half to fix his bleeding head. I search through the first aid kit as he keeps trying to talk to me, about how I don't seem okay, or that I seem annoyed with him. After finding the big plaster I was looking for I shove the first aid kit back in the cupboard, before returning to face Christian, grabbing the bloody tissue he had somehow balanced on his head, and replacing it with a plaster to cover his cut. "Jada. Que pasa? Come on, talk to me." He said, and I knew he wasn't going to give up, so I snapped, "Stop coming to me when the princess is unavailable. You always come to me when they treat you badly, and then when everything is fine with them again you become distant and ignore me. I didn't notice until Polo said it to me earlier-" He interrupts, starting to look pissed off himself. "When did Polo speak to you? Polo necesita alejarse de ti. Es un idiota. No le hagas caso." He says holding onto my shoulders. I shake my head, trying to walk away from the situation, but Christian pulls me back. "I know it must seem like that. I just don't know what I want. I like you. A lot. And I want you. But I also like Carla. You two are different, It's hard to decide who like more. I don't know what I want. I'm not trying to play games, lo prometo. I'll leave you alone for the rest of the night, but trust me, I like you. Buenas noches, hermosa." Embracing me for what felt like forever, I focused on his words, not sure how to feel. As he walks for the door, part of me wants to call him back, help him decide, help him pick me, but the other part of me decided to let him go, watching the door close behind him, regretting it as soon as his footsteps disappeared out of the apartment block.