Chapter 11

(Penelope's point of view)

After coming from the diner and dealing with Jane's breakdown, she passed out in my arms. I took her to her bed and tucked her in, like my parents always did to me. Kissing her forehead, I feel devastated that she didn't know my parents that well. She was only 3 when they were murdered. All she has are faint memories of them taking care of her. Leaving her room, I feel a need to forget about everything. I was just 15 when I was dumped with a whole bunch of responsibility I didn't know existed.

Flashback

"Honey," says my dad with love in his words.

"Yes dad?" I ask sitting in the living room of our old house with little Jane next to me.

"Me and your mom are going out to buy something that she forgot for dinner tonight. Want to come with?" He asks while picking up the keys from his old 2015 Nissan Altima.

"Um, I really don't feel like going anywhere right now. But I can stay with Jane while you guys go." I say not taking my eyes off the tv screen.

"Ok then just watch out for Jane and don't burn down the house while we're gone." Says my mom with a low laugh at her words.

Laughing along I nod and continue watching the tv. Before they got to lock the door I got this strange feeling. "Mom, dad." They both look up at me as if waiting for me to continue. Shaking my head getting rid of that thought I just say, "Thanks again for the motorcycle. You guys are the best, I love you."

Smiling at what I said, my dad says, "You deserve it kiddo, just don't drive it around at night and be careful on that death trap." Rolling my eyes at what he just called my new baby, I nod my head. "We'll be back in a jiffy, love you butternut squash." I laugh at the dumb nickname my dad calls me and continue looking at my tv.

After about 5 episodes of the series I was watching, my parents haven't came back. Jane is getting sleepy by my side and I can't seem to relax. As if something bad happened. Walking to the kitchen, I see that our food had gotten cold. They were only going to go get something. It can't take that long for them to get it and come back.
"Penny, where's mommy and daddy?" Says little Jane with a yawn.

"They went to go get something but they'll be back." I say trying to assure her. But feeling as if it was for my own benefit. A little while goes by and I hear a knock at the door. I get up quickly thinking it might be my parents. I open the door with a big smile. But as soon as I open the door it disappears.

Instead of my parents on the front porch there are policemen. The one on the left has dark brown hair while the one on the right has blonde. They both seem as if they didn't want to do their job at this moment. "Are you Penelope Miller?" Says the officer to the left while trying to look inside the house.

"Yes that's me." I say with a bit of nervousness in my voice. Please don't say their dead. Please don't say their dead. I've seen multiple scenes in movies where this happens and the person's loved one always ends up dead.

The officers look at me with pity and sympathy, which only causes me to get more shaken up. "We are sad to inform you that your parents, Emily Miller and Lucas Miller, we're in an accident. They weren't able to make it-" but before the officer could finish I slowly fell to the ground. Memories of us together going through my mind. Us laughing, talking, having good times. Never again. Jane and I were orphans. I could feel the tears in my eyes. They were so much tears  cascading down that there didn't seem an end to the pain I was feeling.

"Penny?" A faint voice says from behind me. The officers and I turn around and see little Jane there. Her eyes say that's she's scared. I open my arms and she slowly walks over to me. "What's wrong?" Oh Jane, why? Your just a little kid. You aren't suppose to pass through this.

Wiping the tears from my eyes I look at her in the yes and say, "M-m-mom and dad aren't coming home."

Looking confused she says, "Why, are they lost?"

I start to cry a little and just hug her. "Jane, they're dead. They're aren't coming home. They're gone." I can feel her starting to shake a little. And then I feel wetness on my shoulder, the one Jane is leaning one. And with that we were alone, in this cruel world which once was a living heaven for me.

End of flashback

Sitting on the couch with a pint of chocolate ice cream, I hear the sound of my doorbell ring. Pausing my movie, I walk towards the door and open it. There in all his glory was Ethan.

"I brought some snacks." Says Ethan while showing me a bag full of candy and chips. Moving to the side for him to enter, he comes in and goes directly to the couch. Sighing feeling exhausted, I lean my head on his shoulder and start the movie up.

After hours of watching random movies, the sky has turn dark and I'm somewhat sitting on Ethan's lap. "How are you feeling?" Ask Ethan. I just nod telling him that I'm fine like I always do. "Do you want me to distract you?" Asks Ethan with a bit of lust in his voice.

"I don't feel like it." I say with anger in my voice. Every time I see that Noah guy he makes me want to run up to him and hug him. I hate it because I'm not like that and I never will. He just makes me feel giddy and love struck. As if we were meant to be together or something.

I'm pulled out of my thoughts by a sloppy kissed being placed on my neck. "What are you doing ?" I say to Ethan. It feels wrong. As if he isn't suppose to be doing this. As if I was betraying someone.

"I'm trying to help you. Since that new guy has come you've act different." He says while trailing kisses up to my lips. As soon as his lips touch mine, I feel bad. He tries to get me into the kiss but all I do is just sit there. All the other times we did this, it didn't feel like this. So why does it feel so different now?

My phone rings with a reminder that it's 11:50 and to get ready for the fight I'm gonna have soon. My trainer, Dylan should be there to see  me today which means I actually have to beat ass. I try to get up from the couch but Ethan pushes me down. "Ignore it, you can go another time." Getting pissed that Ethan doesn't get a hint I punch him in his gut. He rolls over the couch holding his stomach. Walking towards the door I open it and say, "Get out." Ethan looks at me with anger and just walks out without saying anything. He gets in his car and drives away. Closing the door I go to my room as to get ready for the fight.

:) Enjoy!