Chapter 2 - Part 1

Taylor

Taylor

By the time I made it back to the dorm, I was feeling a little better. Maybe it was the fresh air that had done the trick. The pounding was gone, but there was still a dull pain in my head. No matter how much I tried, I couldn't seem to find my missing memories from the night before. At least I'd managed to get out before Sin had woken up. That could have been a lot more embarrassing than my run-in with the stranger when I was trying to sneak out. I let out a frustrated sigh. I'd lost my virginity to a hot guy, and I couldn't remember a thing.

Damn it!

The dorm was quiet as I entered the building. It was too early for most people to be awake, so hopefully no one would see me sneaking back in. I hurried up the stairs to the second floor. The elevator had been out of order since I'd arrived, and I wondered if they were ever going to fix it. Before, it hadn't really bothered me, but I was still feeling fragile, and I didn't feel like taking the stairs.

The room I shared with Jordan was quiet and dark when I entered. I tried to keep as quiet as possible so as not to wake Jordan, who was sleeping in her bed.

"Doing the walk of shame, are you?" I heard Jordan's voice ask me as I kicked my shoes off.

I nearly jumped out of my skin at the sudden sound of her voice and clutched my chest as my heart hammered so hard it felt like it was trying to break free.

"Geez, you scared me!" I gasped as I turned to face her, trying to calm my heart down.

She was sitting up and, even though it was dark, I knew she was giving me a knowing smile. I walked over to the curtains and opened them. Light flooded into the room, and I could see Jordan sitting with her back leaning against the wall. She was smiling as she shook her head at me.

"Spill," she instructed. "I want to know what happened to you after I left?"

At the last part, she was wiggling her eyebrows suggestively at me, to which I rolled my eyes.

From the short time I'd known her, I'd discovered she said exactly what was on her mind and whatever she was thinking she blurted out. The good thing about it was that you knew exactly where you stood with her.

Not only were we different personality-wise, but we also looked like night and day. I had the blue eyes, platinum-blond hair and pale skin. Jordan was the total opposite, with short dark brown hair that she wore in a pixie cut, and olive skin. Her hazel eyes were her most striking feature. I was secure enough in myself to know that I was pretty, but Jordan was gorgeous. She was single at the moment, "in between boyfriends," she'd told me. Where I'd gotten a couple of appreciative glances from some of the guys at the party last night, Jordan had been constantly hit on.

"So, what happened?" she asked.

I sat down on my bed across from her, trying to figure out what to tell her. It was hard when I didn't remember. I rubbed my forehead a little, still feeling the headache that lingered.

"I lost my virginity last night," I revealed reluctantly. I could have admitted the truth and told her that I wasn't sure, but instead I lied.

"Oh, wow!" Jordan gasped with wide eyes. "You really went for it."

I nodded my head. I didn't want to reveal I couldn't remember anything about what was supposed to be one of the most eventful nights of my life.

"I honestly didn't think you had it in you," she admitted. Apparently I did.

She'd known that I'd wanted to have sex. I'd told her I wasn't waiting for the right one to come along. Not that there was anything wrong with that if I had.

"And? How was it?" she prodded. She hadn't been kidding when she'd told me she wanted all the details. Details I couldn't give her, so instead of answering her question I just shrugged. What I'd heard was that the first time was sore and uncomfortable, so Jordan wouldn't be expecting me to tell her that I had felt the earth move.

"Who was it with?" was her next question.

She'd warned me about Sin last night. I remembered that much, so I didn't want her to know I'd lost it with him. It wasn't like I was ever going to see him again, and even if I did, it wasn't anything more than a one-night stand that would never be repeated. It wasn't like he wanted to hang out. He was the type to get what he wanted and move on.

Lying was the easy part; remembering the lie was the hard part.

"Just some guy I met at the party," I vaguely answered. I opened and searched through my side table next to my bed looking for some painkillers.

"Was he hot?"

She just wasn't going to stop with the questions. I found the painkillers and swallowed two with a bottle of water I normally kept beside my bed.

"Yes."

I wasn't going to tell her that he was the hottest guy I'd ever seen, and all he had to do was look at me to have an effect on me. A shiver ran through at the memory of meeting his eyes across the room full of people.

"So, do you feel any different now that you've lost your V-card?" she asked.

"No, I feel exactly the same," I replied. I didn't even feel a little tender down there like some girls had told me that I'd feel after losing my virginity.

Even Jordan had relayed her first experience of sex. It had been in high school with some jock in the backseat of his car. It hadn't even lasted five minutes. Even she'd said that she had been tender there the next day.

"Was this guy just a one-night stand or are you planning on seeing him again?" she asked. I let out a sigh as I sat back down again. I had a feeling she wasn't going to let up on the questioning anytime soon.

"It was just a one-night stand. I doubt I will ever see him again," I brushed off.

It had happened the way I'd wanted it to, all except for the remembering part. I didn't have the need to get involved with someone to lose my virginity, so the fact that it had been a one-night stand with no strings attached suited me perfectly. It wasn't like I was daydreaming about a relationship with Sin. I was inexperienced in some ways and innocent in others, but I knew how a one-night stand worked, and I was okay with that. I wouldn't be shedding any tears over it.

Trying to deflect the questioning off me, I turned the tables and began to ask Jordan about a couple of the guys she'd talked to last night. We sat talking for an hour about the party before I decided I needed a shower. I got my stuff together and went to the restroom. I was still feeling a little ill by the time I made it back to my dorm room. It was a Saturday, so I didn't have to worry about getting to class or trying to concentrate. I did have an assignment to do, but I could do it later or the next day.