A resolution

Blake

"Soooo she was outside of my apartment?", i asked the detective sitting in front of me.

Dave's hand rubbed on my thigh underneath the table. I was the one that should be consoling him. Regardless of everything she did she was still his first love and now she was gone.

"Yes ma'am. We have evidence to believe thatshe was the one who started the fire. There was gasoline residue on her clothing. Also the goodbye messages sent out to her family from her phone give us good reason to believe she's the culprit. We also found a message in her phone sent to an untraceable number that has given us reason to believe she was trying to kill you with the fire", the detective stated.

David let out a long sigh and shook his head.

"W-w-w-what?! How ? What did she say? ", i asked lowly.

"Well she sent out a message saying " I couldn't get her. Im dying. I know you have a plan. Make sure you take everything from Blake. Make her suffer in my name. Thanks."

"Woooooooooow." I held my hand to my mouth in shock. I was at a lost for words.

"Ok , so what does that mean ?", Dave asked speaking up for me

"Well , at this point all we have is a message. We're gonna try our best to figure out who the number belongs to. Until then keep your normal routine but be more aware of your surroundings. If you notice anything suspicious or out of the ordinary contact us."

The detective extended his hand with a business card in it. Dave grabbed it and put it in his pocket.

"Well she's staying with me . So ill be sure to watch out for her."

"Ok. Sorry to dump all this on you but its best you know."

I nodded my head smiling lightly. I stood up and Dave followed suit grabbing my hand. We said goodbye and left the police station. I felt even heavier than i did. Not only was everything i had lost in a fire, but that fire was meant to take my life .

"Hey. Don't let that shake you up. I got you. You're here. You're alive and thats all that matters baby."

I nodded my head silently. I pulled the seatbelt across my lap and stared out the windshield.

"I've had the D so I know it's amazing but i want what you was giving Ryan. It gotta be a step up or something", i laughed bitterly.

"She just....I dont even know." Dave continued to drive to his house.

In light of recent events with my apartment my job has given me two weeks off to figure out everything and handle what I needed to handle. I was definitely grateful for that especially after the information I just received.

I continued to stare out the window lost in my own thoughts. Dave's hand crept across the console and grabbed mine. He interlaced our fingers. I looked down at our hands and smiled slightly. I returned my gaze to the road and plunged deeper into my previous thoughts. A huge part of me wants to just pack up and get the fuck away from New York. It's been way too much going on and I need a major break. Maybe even a permanent one.

"Hello?", Dave said answering his phone.

"Yeah. We headed to the crib now. Some crazy stuff man. Ryan started the fire. She tried to kill Blake. Yeah Ma I know....She's as good as she can be. Don't worry Im gone take care of her. Nah not again. I love you too. Bye."

He rubbed his thumb over my knuckles once he hung up and grabbed my hand again. I was ready to get back and just get in the bed and go to sleep for like 3 days. Soon we pulled up in front of David's house and he parked in front. He shut the car off and jumped out walking around to open my door. We walked up the stairs and I use my shiny new key and unlocked the door. The first stop we made today was going to get me a copy of the key to the house. I stepped inside shrugging my coat off throwing it onto the back of the couch. I went straight to the stairs and into the bedroom. I threw myself onto the bed and took my boots off. A few minutes David came in behind me and joined me on the bed.