4

"Zee, I need to talk to you about something, it's really-" Clary barged into my room unexpectedly the next day, her eyes falling onto Jace and I sprawled across my bed.

I held a book in my hands, as Jace held his tablet, the both of us looking up from what we were entertaining ourselves with.

"Oh-" Clary blinked, caught off guard, "Sorry, I- I really should've knocked first."

"Hey, Clary." I sat up, holding the book in my hands, "What's up?"

"Yeah, um- I need you to tell me everything you know about Magnus Bane." Clary plays with her hands.

"Uh-" I looked at Jace; confused, as he sat up as well, "Magnus Bane is the High Warlock of Brooklyn, why?"

"Because that vampire, Camille, practically accused him of stealing my memories." Clary explained.

Jace places his tablet down in front of him, "Where did you hear that?"

"When Simon told Camille someone took my memories back at the Hotel DuMort, she blamed Magnus Bane." Clary went in depth, "Besides, I keep having these dreams where this Magnus guy is with my mom and she tells him to protect me."

"You mean, like, memory fragments?" I asked.

"Yeah, but-" She inhales, "They're not making sense."

Jace questions, "Whatever, why didn't you tell us about that?"

"Because, practically a week ago I didn't even know this world existed." Clary blurts out, "Let alone that Magnus is real."

"Magnus' magic is so powerful, he can invade even the Silent Brothers." I fold the corner of the page I stopped reading at, closing my book, "If he's the warlock that took your memories he could be the key to everything."

"People are risking their lives to help me get my memories back." Clary sighs deeply, "But- there might not be anything there. I might not remember anything that will lead to the Mortal Cup or my mom."

"At the moment- you're our only lead." I place my book on my nightstand.

Isabelle walks into my room, "Jace, I need you- the mundie's leaving."

Clary spun to face her, "Simon? He can't leave."

"He can and he is." Isabelle shot back at her, "Unless you wanna tie him down and restrain him?"

"I have to stop him." Clary ran out of the room.

"God- I don't even want to bother." I groan and fell back on my bed, "I've known them for like two days and I'm already sick of their drama."

Jace playfully shakes his head at me, then looks at Isabelle, "Izzy, go wake Alec and Hodge- we might have a lead on the Mortal Cup."

Isabelle nods and leaves the room, as Jace got up, "I'll go handle the mundie- you, get up."

"I'll get up when I wanna get up." I looked at him, crossing my arms.

"Well, I can only hope that's soon, right?" Jace calls, as he left me alone in my room.

-

"Magnus Bane." Hodge introduces, as we all sat at the table in front of him, "He's over 300 years old."

"And, as you can see, he's not exactly shied away from the pleasures of every century." Hodge scrolled through pictures of Magnus, "His tastes are both exquisite and quite excessive."

Clary sat on the table, "He looks like the Downworld's David Guetta."

"Guetta's already a Downworlder." I said from between Alec and Jace, "Vampire? Ever seen him in the daylight?"