2.

Ryan.

When I woke up the next day, the little clock plugged up next to the bed read 8:34am. I got up and brushed my teeth and did something to my natural hair. I brushed out the curls my hair held and gave myself 2 french braids. I got dressed into a simple 2 piece adidas tracksuit. I grabbed my laptop and turned it on continuing the hunt of a job, and I saw that I had an email responding to my resumé that I sent yesterday evening.

Ryan,

We are pleased with your resumé. We would like to have a meeting Monday morning if that's fine. Your possible boss will be present during the interview. We look forward to meeting you!

-Easton Community Development

I damn near passed out, I was beyond exciting and I sent a prayer to the lord for bringing this opportunity to me. Things were finally turning around for the better and I couldn't be more grateful, it was Sunday and of course I didn't have any plans for the day. I just wished I could get in contact with Paris or Brooke just so they'll know I'm okay. I rummaged through my purse for my lip gloss and came across my debit card. I got on the website and entered in my login information. "$179.83" is all I seen across the screen. I desperately needed a phone so I logged on to the sprint website and ordered a phone, it was the iPhone XR for $45 a month for 18 months. The down-payment was only 20 dollars. I heard my stomach rumble letting me know that it was time to eat. I looked in the refrigerator and I only saw a stick of butter. I sighed knowing I would have to take this walk to the grocery store. Luckily it wasn't that far of a walk and I would make it back before it became too cold, cause over the last couple of days the weather in New York was ridiculous. I slid on my shoes and made my way to the store, I ignored the little cat calling the dudes typically did when they seen a pretty girl. Then if the girl didn't give them any play all of a sudden they're a bitch and they wasn't all that anyways. I made it to the store in no time, I grabbed the cart and went inside. I made sure to only get stuff to last me a week and to be cautious of the prices cause I needed to make this money last. I grabbed a couple packs of top ramen and a case of water along with a few other things I needed around the apartment. When I got in line there was this dude that stood at about 6'5 or so, he had a nice haircut and nice smooth looking caramel skin. He had a few tattoos on his face but that didn't take away from how handsome he was. I guess he felt me looking at him and he looked up at me with a mug etched across his face. My eyes quickly darted to the door hoping he wouldn't say anything. He simply grabbed his stuff and left. After paying for the few items I had, I now was continuing my journey back to the house. It was getting cool so I put some pep in my step. In the matter of 10 minutes I had arrived home, I carried the groceries inside and locked the door behind me. I had spent about 50 dollars there and I knew I had to make the food last. I went a little over than what I had planned to but I just hoped it all works out to my favor. I spent the rest of the day prepping myself for the interview I had tomorrow, but for some reason I couldn't shake this uneasy feeling I had.

Dave.

I left the store annoyed, the lil hoe behind the register spent more time tryna flirt than actually scan the shit I was tryna buy. Then some lil ass girl behind me was all in my fucking face, I could already tell that today would not be my day. I woke up to Heather's mom bitching about some shit, I was literally on the verge of being on an episode of Snapped. I stopped by the trap to see how business was going and Yung, a nigga I met about 3 years ago told me some shit that I wasn't too happy about. Some product was missing and that could mean 1 of 2 things, either one of these bitch ass niggas is stealing from me or they don't know how to fucking count. And I'm sure it's the first option so when I find out who the fuck it is its over wit for they ass. Monica called to confirm that I was gonna be there for the meeting wit a possible assistant, I assured her that I'll be there. I was glad at least one of my businesses is going in the right direction. I had bought this lil strip club joint downtown Harlem, I had plans on expanding and upgrading it so it could be somewhere these niggas and bitches wanna spend they money at. I was snapped out of my thoughts by Heather blowing up my phone.
She was asking too my fucking questions for me, she wanted to my whereabouts, when will I be home, and if I could give her and her mama some money. I rubbed my face annoyed even more, like I don't mind doing shit for her but I got this feeling she ain't being completely honest wit me. I know she be out here fucking other niggas cause it ain't hard to get the word on the street, I wasn't even tripping cause I was doing my shit too. But the difference between me and her is she moves sloppy, I don't. She was cool when we first met, that is until I put that dick on her. Ever since then she just kinda stuck around, plus she knew what I did for a living. I wasn't gonna tell her all my personal shit cause from what I see, me trusting her wit my shit has me going to jail written all over it.
I sat in my car and pulled out a backwoods stuffing it with my stress reliever. Here I was 25, no wife, no kids and I always knew I wanted to get married but the bitches around here ain't finna get not one thing from me.
Then on top of that ain't nobody made me feel like they was worth me buying a ring for them. I ain't fuck wit too many niggas cause this shit taught me at a young age that you can't trust nobody, not even family. But Ghost I considered him family, we grew up together, was broke together,my mama was like his mama and vice versa, that was my nigga for life.
Hell I trusted him wit my life, and same thing went for him, I knew when I wanted to get out this shit for good I'll give him this lifestyle. Niggas already respected us, most of that respect came from fear. I made my way home not ready for the shit that was probably about to go down cause I told Heather I wasnt giving her no money, she called me all type of selfish ass niggas. I didn't pay her no mind cause I know she wouldn't have that same energy when we was face to face. The thing wit her was I wanted somebody to stand their ground wit me, don't let me run all over them and that's exactly what she let me do. When I walked in the house it was quiet, I let out a sigh of relief until I saw her coming from the room.
Here we go wit this shit.. I thought to myself.
"Why don't you show me any affection Dave? We've been together for years and you've never even kissed me or anything. Our relationship used to be so exciting when we met cause you actually made an effort. It wasn't much but it was more than what you're showing now. Why can't you let your guard down with me?" she said on the verge of crying. See what I mean, just 20 minutes ago I was a bitch ass nigga, now she sitting in my face crying about the same shit yet again. I looked at her wit a bored expression waiting for her tantrum to be over. She acted like a big ass kid, and I was getting tired of it. She was older than me by a year or so but you would've thought she was a teenager the way she be acting.
"If you don't want me nomore then say that!" she screamed stomping her foot.
I laughed cause she knew good and damn well if I was to end this shit wit her she wouldn't have shit, so she better rethink what the fuck she got going on in that big ass head of hers.
"Heather chill the fuck out man, I don't even know why you doing all this unnecessary ass shit." I said rubbing my temple something I often did when I was annoyed.
"Fuck you Dave! I gave you everything and you still treat me like shit." she said going up the stairs. I sat on the couch not even bothering to follow behind her, a few minutes later she came down wit her suitcases and her purse. "I can't keep doing this..you continuously fuck me over." she said and I looked at as if she grew 2 heads.
"Fuck you over? Everything you got in yo hands you wouldn't have if it wasn't for me. When I met you, you ain't have shit. All you like to do is complain about every lil thing, ima bitch ass nigga. I'm selfish, but I been taking care of you and yo annoying ass mama for the last 2 years. Man if you don't get the fuck." I said rolling up cause she was on my last nerve.
She looked shocked that I said that but I'm tired of the fuck shit she be on so if she wanna dip then by all means she can kick rocks. She didn't say anything else cause I guess she saw the look on my way, she just made her way out the house.
"All I know is this interview tomorrow better go smoothly."