Chapter 25 - Claim

Logan Nielsen

I looked at Mandy who's now looking the room ceiling blankly. I wonder what is she thinking, she's laying on the bed beside me but it felt like she's somewhere else. I poked her cheek and she turned to me.

"What are you thinking?" I asked and she smiled.

"Nothing.. just random things." I know she's lying. Linnea must have said something to her, she seems distant. I took her hand and caressed it.

"Let's see each other once in 2 months, what do you think?" She suddenly asked out of nowhere and I chuckled.

"Do you think I can wait that long? Do you want to see me go crazy?" I asked and she sat up straight making me a little bit confuse.

"We still can call each other.. don't you think?" She looked at me seriously and I shook my head.

"You're the one who usually make a fuss about wanting to see me but why do you asking me this now? Did Linnea say something to you?" I looked at her suspiciously.

"No.. it's just.. I'll be busy and you too."

"I'm not taking that excuse, Mandy." I said as I closed my eyes.

"Should I married one of the Gold Lifes kids?" That made me open my eyes right away and I sat up straight.

"Are you seriously talking about this right now?" I was angry because is she seriously asking me that? I'm trying to not get married and she's bluntly talking about marriage when I was trying so hard not to get involve with any woman.

But.. I can't blame her.

She doesn't know how I feel and I can't stop her from looking at other woman. She didn't prevent me either because she knows that I will get married to someone at one point. This is frustrating..

"I met them.. and they're not bad. Besides we're on the same circle, we're all businessman." She said that easily but something in her eyes that I can't read. Oh how I wish I can open your head to know what you're thinking.

"I'm serious when I told you that I think I won't get married."

"Why? You're gay?" She asked and my eyes widen. I can't believe that she thought I'm gay when the truth is that I'm crazily in love with her.

"I'm not, Mandy. Are you dumb?"

"Hey!" She hissed and I rolled my eyes.

"Are you serious going to be a third wheel?" She asked and I gulped nervously before saying..

"How about you and I get married?" Her eyes widen and there's a long pause from her.

"Your joke is not funny.." She laughed and I looked at her disbelief. She thinks I'm joking huh?

"What?"

"What a funny joke, Logan. You're going to be a king and you need a princess to stand by your side. Besides.. I live in London and I promised my-"

"Are you okay if I get married with Linnea?" I asked and she looked at me with an unreadable expression.

"I will always support you, Logan. No matter what it is.. I will support you as long as it's positive and make you happy." She said and I looked down completely frustrated. I guess she doesn't like me at all, she doesn't even care.

"Life sucks huh?" I asked and she nodded.

"It sucks a lot." She looked straight into my eyes.

"How about you?" She asked.

"What do you mean?"

"Will you support me as long as I'm happy?" She asked and I shook my head.

"No.. I'm a little bit selfish when it comes to you."

"That's not fair! I told you that I'll support you in everything, how come you won't do the same?" Because I can't support you when you will tell me one day that you'll get married to another man beside me. I can't see you will be happy with someone else knowing that I won't be the one who make you happy.

My heart hurt just thinking about it. I can't imagine her be with someone else beside me. She belongs to me even though I don't officially claim her as mine. I swear to her grandfather that I'll look for her. I'm hers too even though she doesn't know that.

"I won't do the same, sorry." I answered her and she pouted.

"I hate you."

"That's for being friends with me." I said seriously and she let her tongue out.

"I'll runaway from you then if you won't support any of my decisions." She said as she looked at me smirking.

"Try me, Mandy. You'll surprise how capable I am to always have you on my watch." He smirked back and her expression changed.

"I'm not your daughter, Logan. You're treating me like I'm your daughter."

"You're not." I'm protecting you because you're mine and I'm treating you like you're my girlfriend not my daughter.

"Then treat me like one.. You're an idiota." She said and she smacked a pillow to my face. I looked at her disbelief and she made an ugly face. I laughed and smacked her face back with a pillow.

"Logan!" She squealed in shock and I smacked her again with it. Don't worry, we're playfully playing around. We stopped and looked at each other. My eyes landed on her lips..

Don't judge me but I've been dying to kiss that lips for more than a year. It was quite crazy to think that I can handle myself from jumping on her. Not only kissing her but I want to hold her all night but I can't do that. I will go crazy and lose control over her. I don't want to shock her because she might slip away from my grip.

"You look dumb." She chuckled as she smacked my forehead head. I groaned in pain and looked at her pissed.

"That hurts!"

"Sorry sorry.." She cupped my face and caressed my forehead.

"I didn't know it will hurt." She laughed and it made me smile.

Seeing her smile was enough for now, I'll claim that lips later when we're on the right time.. the right place.. and the right situation.