drugin' | fifteen.

August 5, 2018

               Shantey rides in the passenger seat of the Chevy Malibu cruising down the highway with Sino taking the driver seat

Shantey rides in the passenger seat of the Chevy Malibu cruising down the highway with Sino taking the driver seat. She wore a Astroworld hoodie and matching black joggers with white Air Force Ones. A black baseball cap over her head with her curly hair in a ponytail. She's back in her hometown after seven years of staying away. She had an eerie feeling about being in Tulsa again, but finding her best friend was the mission for her. She flew in right from New York while her team went to California.

"Get off here," she directs Sino when she notices the nearing route to the Northside, where she was raised. Sino nods and averts the car to the lane.

"How you feelin?" Sino asks as he nears the traffic light.

Shantey shrugs, keeping her attention out of the window. "Just tryna find her. Turn left and keep going straight."

Sino nods and follows her direction. "I believe you'll find her. Being here after all these years feel weird?"

"It feels very weird." Shantey breathes deeply. "I always get this feeling in my stomach; a not so good one. Last time I was here I got robbed."

"Foreal?" A look of confusion takes over Sino's face.

"It was before I had security," she clarifies for him, "I signed my first check and thought I was coming to do good. Somehow people found out I was coming to see my bullshit ass mother and I got robbed at gunpoint in front of the house. It was crazy. Turn in here."

"Damn, thats crazy," he turns into the place and reads the sign. "Lipstick? What we doing at a strip club?"

"Used to work here when I was fifteen." She informs him as he gives her a look, "I know. It's crazy but the owner is one janky ass dude. As long as you had the face and body, you in. I didn't strip, I was waitressing. Amanda and I were both up here. I know if there's anything I need to know around Tulsa, he knows."

"It's a lot I don't know about you," he pulls into a parking space. "That documentary The Breakfast Club was talkin' bout, you definitely need to think bout doin that."

"Maybe," she grabs her pair of mirrored sunglasses and place them over her eyes before getting out of the car along with Sino and approaching the club. They walks in and the regular lights shines down on the empty entertainment club. It's empty due to it being morning, bartenders and waitresses were around getting everything.

"Club closed," a familiar voice to Shantey's ears spoke. She looks ahead of her at the middle aged man with pecan brown skin and a low cut fro and goatee. He has on a printed silk button up tucked into his tan slacks and dress shoes. A gold chain around his neck and gold watch around his wrist. "Can I help y'all?"

"Hey, Allen," she spoke, pulling her sunglasses down just enough for him to see her eyes. He recognizes her two-tone eyes and smiles.

"Shantey, Shan-fuckin-tey," Allen chuckles, she covers her eyes back. "Wow. I'm shocked, baby. I ain't think you was ever comin' back here after you got booked. What bring you back to the wicked city?" He leans on the bar.