~ 𝓒𝓱𝓪𝓹𝓽𝓮𝓻 𝓣𝔀𝓮𝓷𝓽𝔂-𝓢𝓲𝔁 ~

Chapter Twenty-Six: Nymphadora Tonks

The rest of the Christmas holidays was spent at the Weasley's, the full moon was coming up and as usual, Remus wanted Lina out of the house, it had all been arranged and before anyone knew the holidays were over and the students were back on the H...

The rest of the Christmas holidays was spent at the Weasley's, the full moon was coming up and as usual, Remus wanted Lina out of the house, it had all been arranged and before anyone knew the holidays were over and the students were back on the Hogwarts Express.

This year the Christmas spirit carried over on the train back to Hogwarts, Cedric had brought a miniature flying Santa from home for the train journey, Danny ended up spending most of the trip trying to hit the Santa down.

The back to school feast was just as amazing as ever, all students eating their fill like normal until they were ready for bed, their lessons awaiting them the next day.

With classes starting again Lina's weeks were back to being as hectic as ever, Monday was quidditch practice then homework, Tuesday was her extra lessons with Professor McGonagall then homework, Wednesday were quidditch and homework, Thursdays were extra lessons and homework, Friday was dedicated to any homework that still needed to be done and by the time the weekend came around Lina dedicated them to sleeping and not doing anything unless she had a quidditch match.

The second Saturday back to school was the first trip to Hogsmeade "we don't have to go Lee" Cedric had repeated this since they had all found out about the trip.

"It doesn't bother me really" Lina had kept replying.

The four friends were at breakfast that morning, Cedric and Danny - who had now joined in - kept repeating that they didn't have to go, Lina didn't know what she was going to do if they said it one more time but was thankfully saved by Tonks coming over to the group.

"I hope you three don't mind but I'm stealing my baby cousin today."

"I don't mind, especially if it'll help the boys stop feeling so guilty about going to Hogsmeade" Lina replied ignoring the baby comment, she finished her piece of toast, said goodbye to her friends and left the great hall with Tonks.

The pair aimlessly walked outside to the grounds, the snow-covered grass crunching underneath their feet leaving visible footprints following them, snow was still softly falling from the sky "so you rather spend the day with your cousins than you're friends in Hogsmeade?" Lina asked.

"I could say the same about you, I know the Weasley twins aren't going to Hogsmeade yet. Besides, I can go into the village anytime I want but you, this is our last year at school together" Tonks explained.

"Oh yes because we're never going to see each other ever again" Lina teased with a grin.

"Just don't come over for Christmas and we'll be fine" Tonks teased back.

"Do you know what you're going to do when you finish?"

"Well assuming I pass my N.E.W.Ts-"

"Which you will-"

"I'm planning on joining the ministry to be an aurora."

"Have you told Aunt Andie and uncle Ted?"

"Yeah" Tonks stuffed her hands into her pockets "their not overall happy about it but it's not up to them it's my life."

"Well said" Lina nodded, she could quite easily imagine the arguments Tonks and her parents had over the subject.

"Anyway," Tonks said cheering up slightly "what about you? Have you decided on what you want to do when you leave?"

Lina puffed out some air "Oh I don't know I'm only a second-year but I did think something that will help people" Lina shrugged suddenly embarrassed, she had never told anybody she wanted to help people as a career before "like I said I don't know it's only an idea."

"An idea which I think is pretty cool, but like you said you're only a second year you don't really need to worry about it but in the meantime look into becoming a healer I think you'll like it."

Lina nodded the same time she shivered "can we head back inside now please?"

"Sure" the pair changed their direction back up to the castle "do you know about your friends?"

"Cedric has mentioned all sorts of things, quidditch player, Professor, ministry member but he's not too sure. Danny, anything that doesn't involve animals and Lucy doesn't have any clue, although she did mention something about the four of us going travelling for a bit, go see the world" the pair were now heading in the direction of the common room. "What's Charlie going to do, do you know?"

"He told me last week he's going to Romania to study dragons."

Lina smiled "no way! Well good for him." Tonks tapped the correct barrels as they reached the common room. "The more I think about it the weirder it is that you're not going to be here with me next year."

"Anytime time you need me just write and I'll meet you in Hogsmeade."

"Thanks, Dora."

"No I mean it, homework troubles, exam troubles, Snape trouble or most importantly boy troubles, if anyone breaks your heart I'll come back and thump em."

Lina laughed "I know you will and I feel horrible for whoever ends up on the receiving end."

Tonks hummed in agreement "so do you want to play a round of explaining snap?"