XIX.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬❝ when the hand you want to hold is a weapon

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
when the hand you want to hold
is a weapon.
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
⚌⚌

IT WASNT THE IDEAL night that the smaller boy had planned very quickly when laying in his hotel room and listening to the ravenettes really attractive voice through the phone. the lack of duck activity was really putting a downer on the night.

"this is a bust!" taehyung huffed and fell onto his back, not caring that his shirt might gets stains on it from the grass and dirt below him. all he cared about was the pile of torn up bread in front of the two and the lack of life on the lake. jungkook however, was having a good time despite the small hiccup.

"we still have beer." the younger noted, holding up his own bottle in cheers with no one in particular before taking a long swig.

"but the ducks!" taehyung stressed the point, "we were suppose to feed the ducks bread like an elderly couple." the frown on his face made his disappointment evident.

jungkook however was stuck on a certain word, "couple?" he repeated.

the silence made it clear that the brunette didn't even realize the word slipped at first. "you know what i mean." he blushed.

it was dark out, but he could still see the pink tint on the boys cheek. and it was also a little awkward now, but jungkook was always good at diverting things. he took a piece of bread and tossed it at the boy laying beside him, the corners of his lips twitching up into a smile at the surprised look on taehyungs face.

"hey!" he tried to glare as tough as possible, only earning an eye roll from the younger.

"you kind of look like a duck, i thought i'd feed you." jungkooks grin was cheeky, a laugh even escaping and disrupting the quiet night in the best way possible. 

taehyung wasnt expecting the laugh, now or really ever. he always found jungkook so quiet and mysterious, it was nice to see him nearly smile let alone full on laugh. "that's mean!" he settled on replying with, he liked this jungkook, and he didn't want to mess it up by pointing out his good mood.

"it's not," the ravenette defended himself, lightly tossing another piece at the boy who just swatted it away with a pout. jungkook smiled again. "i happen to find ducks cute."

"is that your secret and mysterious way of calling me cute, kook?" taehyungs voice was quiet, almost sultry as he blinked slowly at the boy sitting beside, frozen in his spot as he stared at the pink lips from which those words left so softly.