Chapter 51

[The picture is you all. You know why.

Btw this is a bit of a long boy.

Also, I must add a trigger warning, as there is sensitive content regarding negative thoughts and contemplations of suicide in this chapter.

And yes I'm fine.

Enjoy, babies.]

Chapter 51

Reese's POV

It was late morning on a weekend. My eyes were slow to open from my slumber. Man, I haven't slept so good in a long time, it feels like. It especially helps having Ben right beside me, curled up right under my arm.

Ever since getting back from the Vegas trip, Ben has been spending nights with me more and more. Sometimes he even brings his work over from that mansion he lives in and messes with gadgets in my room (although he did almost start a fire once, but we don't talk about that).

I'll bring him food that my mom makes or even cook for him myself, even if I am a bit rusty. He loves every second of it. He's always smiling, beaming, giggling—he's just so happy here with me, and I feel the same. The only time he ever sheds a tear is when he's so overwhelmed with love that he just hugs me as we lay in bed together. And we do that a lot too, just chill together. I listen to him ramble about thoughts he has or ideas for new gadgets. It's so intriguing hearing his plans. He captures me with everything he says and does.

With a sleepy smile, I can't help but brush over his shoulder with my fingertips. Then I brush his shoulder blade, then the center of his back. His skin is so soft it's almost unreal. It's kinda unreal that he's here with me like this, but that's how it is. He's here with me. He's my cute ghost boyfriend.

After a while of just laying there and staring at his sleeping mien, he began to stir from his sleep too. I'm kinda glad he awoke peacefully this time. Before, he's scared me in the middle of the night when he bolts up into a panic attack. He says it's a nightmare and I comfort him, but he never tells me the details. All I know from his mutterings is that someone hurts him constantly, and it kinda reminds me of when I used to do that because my dad. I can't help but wonder and worry but I'll remain waiting for Ben to open up about that stuff instead of pushing it.

The elfin wraith stifled a really sweet yawn before opening his bright red eyes and giving me a smile. "Good morning," he murmured, then paused and asked, "it is morning, right?"

I chuckled. "Yes, this time it is."

"Okay, cool. Not that I mind sleeping the day away with you anyway."

With a big groan, Ben stretched his arms up high and I took this opportunity to randomly tickle his sides. Immediately he scrunched himself up and giggled, then whined at me, "Hey, no morning tickles right now...!"

"But it's so easy."

"Reese, s-stop! Ahah!" In defense, Ben turned away from me and tried to cover his sides, but I didn't give up just yet. In fact, I had a better idea in mind.

I wrapped my arms around his curled up figure and leaned in towards his head. As soon as he had realized what I was going to do, it was too late! I had started biting his elfin ear to my heart's content and delighted in hearing his adorable whines.