the one with the pact

❁

"she's not here yet. she's not here. she's having my baby and she's not here," ross panicked as him and the gang walked out of the elevator and into the main room of the hospital.
"i'm sure everything's fine. has her water broke yet?" monica attempted to ease her brother's nerves—chandler and ella going over to sit in the connected chairs and rachel across from them.
"i don't know, but when i spoke to her, she said she had already passed the mucus plug," ross informed monica, causing joey to squirm in disgust.
"do we have to know about that?" joey looked over to ross completely grossed out.
"what are you gonna do when you have a baby?" monica rolled her eyes at his childish behavior.
"i'm gonna be in the waitin' room, handing out cigars," joey nonchalantly answered her.
"yes, joey's made arrangements to have his baby in a movie from the 50's," chandler sarcastically smiled informing monica, rolling her eyes being her only response.
"god, i don't believe this. she could be giving birth in the cab!"
"oh, ross, relax. it's probably like two dollars for the first contraction, and then fifty cents for each additional contraction," rachel delivered her joke but none of the friends responded with laughter.
"what? it's okay when chandler does it?" rachel called out her friends.
"you have to pick your moments," chandler tilted his head at rachel and as she mirrored him, in-came carol and susan.
"where the hell have you been?" ross practically yelled at the two women.
"we stopped at the gift shop," susan naively smiled down at carol.
"i was looking at stuffed animals, and susan wanted a chunky," carol enthusiastically explained to the still, panicking geller.
"susan wanted a chunky. we're having a baby, okay, a baby, you don't stop for chunkys," ross mocked the couple.
"i used to have that bumper sticker," chandler joined in, everyone but rachel being amused at the joke.
"you see what i mean," chandler snarkily smiled turning to rachel, which he received a slight nudge from ella for.

after a few hours passed waiting for carol to dilate, chandler gently snored as he napped on ella's shoulder.
"okay, now i want a baby," ella sighed and pouted her lips, breaking her hour long gaze at the bing.
"mmm. not tonight, honey. i got an early day tomorrow," chandler groggily repositioned his head on her shoulder, her playfully scoffing at the joke.
"get up, let's get some coffee," ella gently moved her shoulder to wake him up.
"oh, okay, 'cause we never do that," chandler quickly perked his head up, the green comically shaking her head at him.

"okay that's not fair! i cant even get a guy to look at me twice and she already has two babies. this sucks," ella whined as a woman rolling out her newborn twins passed the friends in the waiting room.
"you'll get one," chandler tried to reassure the spiraling girl.
"oh yeah right. because i just have a line of suitors waiting to date me," ella laughed off chandler's optimism, finding herself going back to the connected hospital seats to sit with him.
"alright. i'll tell you what. when we're 40, if neither one of us are married, what do you say you and i get together and have one?" chandler proposed, ella's eyes lighting up before he even finished.
"seriously?" ella squinted her eyes as she doubted the validity of chandler's promise.
"seriously," chandler instantly answered.
before they could say anything else, rachel had interrupted the two with her stories of her unrequited crushes on the doctors—per usual.

"where are they?" carol yelled out as she was out of time to find ross and susan.
"i'm sure they'll be here soon," monica tried her best to comfort carol.
"relax. you're only at nine centimeters. and the baby's at zero station," joey laughed off carol's worries, the rest of the group furrowing their eyebrows at the tribbiani.
"you are really frightening me," chandler put his hand on joey's shoulder giving him a thin-lipped smile.
carol suddenly grabbed chandler by the shirt and started screaming at him in a blinding rage.
"somebody wanna help me, tryin' to rip out my heart. uh, that's great. anybody seen a nipple?" chandler delivered in hopes that he'd quip his way out of her grasp.
a few seconds later susan and ross had shown up just in time. after the nurse had kicked everyone but carol, susan, and ross out of the room, it was up to them for what came next.

"everybody, there's someone i'd like you to meet. yeah. this is ben. ben, this is everybody," ross introduced the baby to all of his friends as they reentered the delivery room.
"susan, he looks just like you," phoebe smiled brightly at the newborn.
"oh, god, i can't believe one of us actually has one of these," rachel squeezed her hand into ella as the sisters stood mesmerized.
"i know, i still am one of these," chandler looked at the baby in awe.
"ross, can i?" monica shyly asked her brother.
"hi, ben. hi. i'm your aunt monica. yes i am. i'm your aunt monica. i...i will always have gum," monica welled up as she teased the baby.

after coming back from the hospital, the group had decided to head back to monica's for the night. to their luck, ella and chandler were nominated to stay back and pick up snacks for the friends before heading up.
"how serious were you when you made that little pact?" ella turned to chandler after the two began heading back to their building, him holding the majority of the bags for her.
"how serious did you want me to be?" chandler slowed down his walk as he turned back to ella,.
"you think you're cute, don't ya bing," ella squinted her eyes at chandler as she held back a bright smile.
"i know i'm cute, green," chandler teased back as he held the building's door open for her.

1013 words
a/n: this is so short but there was no more to add :|