Chapter 4

Y/n L/n's POV

In the two days I was given to prepare, I had finished packing everything I needed and had several prep talks with myself so I don't lose my determination. It was weird that the only person who could encourage me to move forward was myself, but who cares? If I get transferred to the other world maybe I'll find some friends... hopefully.

I've been waiting in my bedroom for quite a while now, I didn't go to school since I was leaving this place for good. This world has given me nothing but pain and suffering, but I did have a few things I liked about it.

So shaking off the growing heaviness in my chest wasn't as easy as I thought it would be. As I was drowning in my own thoughts, my phone rung beside me.

"Hello?"

"Hello, Y/n" My eyes widened a bit.

"Oh hey, it's you"

"Yes, so I'm here to tell you that I'll be sending you a map on where you should go to get to the magic world"

"Okay, when are you sending i–" I got cut off when I heard a ting from my phone. I tapped the notification and saw a map leading to a forest.  Well that was fast...

"It's quite far but I know you'll find a way to get there"

"Eh? You're not coming to get me yourself? But I thought–"

"Best of luck, my child. Have a safe trip"

She hung up...

Well that was helpful. I sighed in absolute defeat before grabbing my luggage. I looked at my home one last time and smiled. I'm really gonna miss this apartment of mine, it was the only place that made me feel safe. I closed the door and walked away.

I tapped the map on my phone and my immediately twitched in annoyance. "This is way too far..." I decided to call a cab, there's no way I'm getting there by foot. I asked the driver if he could take me to the forest, good thing he was a really nice guy and said yes.

-

The trip was a long one, it took us 3 hours to get halfway there and he had to drop me off since he almost ran out of gas. I seriously felt bad for having him take me all the way here.

I paid him more than I should have to show how grateful I was and also apologized for the inconvenience I brought him. He said it was completely fine and waved me off.

I stood there and watched the cab drive away until it was out of my sight. With no other option, I started walking to my destination.

If I die along the way, I'm blaming that dammed voice for not coming to pick me up. Has she any idea how hot it is today?! I'm grateful to her for presenting me with the opportunity to change my life, I really am, but still! Walking all the way there is impossible for me! Isn't she too cruel?

My legs hurt like hell. I've been walking for almost an hour under this scorching heat and the only thing running inside my head was food. I didn't bother bringing snacks or even a bottle of water with me because I thought I'd immediately arrive to my destination the moment that voice would call.