Ch. 36 - Rescue

A/N: 35 chapters.

At the time of writing this note, I am 35 goddamn chapters ahead.

What the heck.

----------

Hitomi was finally able to flinch when she heard Bakugou's voice sound behind her, hearing him cough as she finally had the courage to tilt her head back

Bakugou's there!

She heard splattering sounds before new voices appeared, making her realize more villains had probably been transported by that man who had given her the image of her own death.

Just what...

...kind of villain is he?

Hitomi jolted as Yaoyorozu suddenly grabbed hold of both her and Kirishima, Iida moving to hold Midoriya and Todoroki back.

"...You're here after all, aren't you...?"

Hitomi tensed at the sound of the villain's voice, her body frozen before she heard the voice of someone she could never be more relieved to hear.

"I'll have you return everything, All for One!"

It was All Might.

...

Hitomi tried to make herself think as she listened to the two battles taking place behind her, trying to will her brain to come up with something.

I really can't stand by this time!

Hitomi clenched her teeth as her brain came up blank, infuriated that she was too filled with fear to think clearly.

Idiot, idiot, idiot!

You need to do something, but...

...You're not allowed to fight in this!

"Iida, everyone!" Midoriya suddenly exclaimed, breaking Hitomi's thought process.

"You can't, Midoriya!" Iida interjected.

"No, there's a way!" Midoriya pushed. "A way that won't involve fighting that will let us leave this place, but still save Kacchan!"

Iida released his grip on both Midoriya and Todoroki as the curly-haired boy continued.

"But this plan also depends on Kacchan... I don't think my plan will succeed if I do it."

He suddenly turned to Kirishima as he continued. "That's why, Kirishima, you're the key to increasing the success rate!"

...

"It's a gamble, but considering the situation, there isn't much risk to us." Iida said after Midoriya explained his plan. "More importantly, if we succeed, it'll change the tide of the fight for the better.