78-Love song

2012

Her sister was a hero.

A fucking hero.

Lilith thought it was already ridiculous of her baby sister to be galavanting around the world as the adopted sister of Anthony Stark. And yes of course Peyton has been caught on camera before using her dark powers for "good", but she was now plastered on every single damn screen in the world. It annoyed the living Hell out of Lilith.

"Miss Stark! Miss Stark! How are you and your fellow heroes going to celebrate your victory today?" A reporter called out at Peyton, who was currently looking at the man beside her. The blonde snapped out of it and smiled at the camera. Her face was covered in dirt and grime, but she still managed to look perfect. Her blonde hair was now loose so she tosses it over her shoulder. She looks more like she just stepped off of a photoshoot, not like she just killed a bunch of aliens in Manhattan.

"Like we always do. With a party." She says happily, the man beside her rolling his eyes. Peyton once again turns her attention towards the man, grinning. He leans forward and whispers something in her ear. Peyton, who is supposed to be the strongest among all of the Bennett siblings, blushes. There's a large smile across her face, those pearly whites on full display.

Lilith's blood boiled.

-

The alarm clock yanked me out of my lovely sleep. Oh what would Peter say? Yeeted.

I stretched my arm out and angrily tapped the "off" button on the tablet beside my bed, hopping that the noise didn't wake Neddy, who was currently sleeping beside me in his crib. I kicked the blankets off of me, rolling out of bed. I peak over to look at my youngest son and thankfully he isn't up yet, but then again he really just fell asleep an hour ago. Which means I just fell asleep thirty minutes ago. Lucky me, right?

I let my feet carry me into the bathroom, slowly taking off my clothes. I turn the shower and jump in. I shut my eyes and let the hot water wash over me. I wait until my hair is soaked before opening them again. Across from me sits all of Steve's products. I know I should get rid of them, but I can't. You shouldn't be this sad on a day like today. I just turn around, my back to his things. I wash my hair, wash my face, wash my body before getting back out. I dry off quickly, walking back into my closet.

"Rogers, what do you think I should wear today?" I ask softly, running my fingers across the clothes. I pull out a white silk blouse and a red pencil skirt and some black So Kate Louboutins, deciding that Steve would've enjoyed it. I pull in a matching lingerie set before pulling on a robe. By the time my phone says it's four in the morning, I'm already doing my hair. By five, I'm spraying setting spray all over my face.

Just as I'm walking to check on my youngest, the tiniest little cry escapes his mouth. I let out a sigh and carefully pick up my child. I change his diaper before carrying him out of the room. We walk down the stairs, because Neddy needs a bottle and I need coffee. I start brewing the coffee as I warm Neddy's bottle in my hand before feeding him. I hum softly as I hold him close.

"Today's gonna be a long day, Neddy. Everyone is coming over today to see your brother off to school and then we got to take him to school. We just got to make him not think about your daddy today. Just got to keep him focused on school." I quietly say to my son, pressing my lips to his forehead. I continue to feed and rock my youngest child as I let my powers work behind me, prepping breakfast. I keep working on the breakfast until the time catches my eye.

My legs carry me back up the stairs and to Benny's room. I nudge the door open, still holding Neddy in my arms. My oldest son is still sleeping, tightly holding onto the teddy bear that his Auntie Tasha gave him. Steve and Tony had both told me that Ben sleeps like I do, which means that he sleeps as spread out as possible. I carefully step around the toys that I most definitely told him to pickup-oh the joys of motherhood.