Chapter 6- Bad ass

Storming out of the bar, I make a beeline for the liquor store across the road. They can kick me out of the bar all they like, but they can't stop me from having a pity party for one.

"Amity wait up." I hear from behind me as I reach the entry of the store.

Turning, I see Chet jogging after me. "You didn't have to follow me, Chet." I tell him as I turn back around, continuing down the aisle, only stopping when I reach the section I was looking for.

"Are you okay? Where the hell did you learn to fight like that?" He asks, clearly shocked at what he had seen.

"My dad taught me not to take shit from anyone, especially men." I shrug as I pull a six-pack from the fridge and turn, facing him once more. It's then I notice he isn't on his own, he has three other people with him, the male who stepped in on the fight and two stunning females.

"Damn Chet, you've met your match." His unknown male friend speaks up from behind him.

Chet rubs the side of his face and laughs turning to his friends. "Dude she'll kick your ass as well."

"Sorry about him." The dark-haired female with stunning, naturally dark tanned skin smiles. "Someone had a little too much to drink, right Ryan?" She nudges him gently and holds her hand out to me. "I'm Sasha."

Taking her hand in mine, I shake it and return her smile. "I'm Amity."

Dropping my hand, she turns back to the male and female standing with her. "This idiot here is my boyfriend Ryan, and this is Brigette." she introduces the stunning blonde who has a perfect smile on her lips.

"I'm Chet's sister, definitely not his girlfriend." The blonde adds with a giggle.

"Right, that explains the smile." I mumble. "Well uh, it was nice meeting you all, but I'll let you get back to your night at the club."

"Actually, we were heading back to our place," Sasha blurts out quickly, "You know just to have a few drinks and -."

"We were?" Ryan interrupts, winning him a warning glare from Sasha.

"As I was saying." She turns back to me. "We are having a few drinks back at mine and Ryan's place if you'd like to come?"

I pause for a moment as I look between both Sasha and Brigette, who both have hopeful smiles on their faces. They both seem like nice girls, and this could be my chance to make some friends.

"Sure, I'll come." I reply with a small smile.

"Perfect." Sasha clasps her hands together. "Grab whatever you want to drink people, Chet's paying." She giggles as she pulls a few bottles from the shelves.

***

We exit the store with drinks in hand, and just as Sasha had suggested, Chet did in fact pay for everyone's drinks. Usually, I would feel bad about taking money from someone, but he kind of owes me for the car so I didn't fight him on it.

Together we make our way across the road to the parking lot of the bar. Once we reach a black BMW, the group stops walking and using her keys Sasha unlocks the car, sliding into the driver's seat. Ryan joins her in the front of the car, sitting in the passenger seat.

Opening the back door, Chet slides in and across to the other side, sitting behind Ryan.

"You can have the middle." Brigette smiles as she holds the door open for me.

"You jump in, I don't mind where I sit." I assure her with a soft smile back.

"No really, you have the middle." She insists.