Chapter Eight - Are You Okay?

Chapter Eight

(flashback)

Josie makes her way to her fathers office as she had been called out of class to go see him. When she gets there she sees her sister standing there with her arms crossed over her chest. She looks angry. Alaric, stands up and motions for Josie to sit down.

"What am I doing here?" Josie asks without accepting her father's invitation to take a seat.

"Lizzie is accusing you of destroying her dress for the dance these evening, she said she had found it where she had left it but in a pile of ash" Alaric explains to his daughter, Josie is confused. She knows for a fact that she couldn't have possibly done it as she was in class all day. Josie glares at her sister.

"Why the hell would I do that?"

"Because that's your signature move, lighting thing on fire" Lizzie says, rolling her eyes.

"Well, I didn't do it Lizzie. It wasn't me" Josie replies, crossing her arms over her chest stubbornly.

"You're such a liar. Maybe I would have believed you if you didn't light all my things on fire when we were kids" Lizzie argues back.

"Okay okay... Girls stop it." Alaric says. Both Josie and Lizzie turn away from each other and look at their father. "Sorry Jo. But Lizzie is right, you have a history of lighting your sisters things on fire. I'm sorry but I can't allow you to go to the dance tonight"

"Are you kidding me! I didn't do it... what happened to innocent until proven guilty?" Josie asks. Her father doesn't say anything, which causes her to storm out of his office. She goes straight to her room and locks the door behind her as well as putting a chair under the handle so her sister can't get in. She then falls into her desk chair and takes out a marker. The only person that she wants to talk to is someone she doesn't know. She draws a sad face on her arm.

Meanwhile Hope is sitting in class when she sees the sad face on her arm. She frowns but chooses not to rub it away, her soulmate needs her. She excuses herself from class and ends up walking back to her room. She takes out a marker and draws a little bear offering an ice cream. When Josie sees it, it makes her smile. She rubs out the sad face and replaces it with a smiley face. She then attempts to draw two bears hugging which doesn't turn out too bad. A heart appears on Josie arm. They spend all night drawing to each other and Josie finds herself feeling a lot better.

*

"I don't even know Hope" Josie says after hearing that the only way to stop Hope's wolf side from coming out is to seal the deal with a kiss.

"You may know her more than you think" He says pointing at her arm that has a drawing of a lake on it. "Everything that she draws to you, is what is inside her head" He explains. "and if her wolf side doesn't get what it wants soon then it's only going to get worse. Her wolf recognizes you now, it wants to come out"

"Okay, well I'm going to go talk to Hope" Josie says before leaving his office. She makes her way down the hall where Penelope greets her.

"Hey, how was your date yesterday?" Penelope asks with a smirk.

"It wasn't a date" Josie murmurs, crossing her arms over her chest nervously.

"I saw you two at the grill playing pool... she was staring at you like you were the only person in the room. I wish I had someone that would look at me like that" Penelope says with a sigh. "So if it wasn't a date then what was it? I mean you are soulmates..."

"We are just getting to know each other at the moment"

At that moment, they pass Hope. Hope looks at Josie and she can feel her wolf teeth come out of her gums. It hurts her like hell. "Ahh" Hope groans in pain, grabbing onto her mouth. Josie hears and runs over to Hope.

"Hope are you okay?" Josie asks. Hope looks up at her, her eyes are bright and golden and her werewolf fangs are poking out of her mouth. Josie's eyes widen. "This is not good" She says before taking Hope's hand and pulling her into an empty classroom.

"I'm fine, it'll go away" Hope says, taking in a deep breath. "Did you ask your dad about it?" She asks. And as she speaks, Hope's teeth and eyes return to normal. Josie can't help but think how beautiful Hope's wolf side is, she looks down at Hope's lips and nods. "What's wrong with me?" she asks.

"Nothing..." Josie says softly. She moves forward suddenly and kisses her. The kiss is soft, but passionate and she knows that she is going to easily fall for Hope, if it hasn't happened yet. When they pull apart Hope looks confused. "You'll be fine now, your wolf has gotten what it wants"

"Oh..." Hope says, looking down at the ground. "So you didn't just want to kiss me"

"If I didn't want to kiss you then I wouldn't have" Josie says with a smirk. She then walks out of the room, leaving a shocked Hope to her thoughts. Hope snaps out of it and runs after Josie.

"What was that?" She asks. Josie smiles at her.

"What are you talking about?" Josie can't help but smirk slightly. Hope doesn't say anything, mostly because she is still very confused. "Do you want to come to mine and Lizzie's 16th birthday party next weekend?"

"Of course, I wouldn't miss it"