Sabito |It's a Promise

requested by bae_tae_psae

Angst Ahead

You were hiking up the mountain looking for your peach colored boyfriend. spotting him on his usual spot on top of the big stone. you cheerfully skip towards him.

"Sabito~" you called as you also climb up the stone, Sabito immediately smiling warmly at you.

"(Y/N) it's already so late why are you still awake?" he asked as his hand wrap around you waist and pulled you closer to him to share his warmth.

"I could asked you the same thing" you rest your head on his shoulder as both of you look up the bright moon. both of you enjoying the each others company.

"...I heard your going to the final selection tomorrow" you sadly said causing Sabito's grip on your waist to tighten.

"...yeah and I'm not sure I will be able to get back..." Sabito grip both your shoulders and made you face him. his grey eyes shining along the moon.

"I don't want to have anymore regrets, So (Y/N) I wan't to ask you this now...when were in the right age, will you marry me?" he exclaimed as he hold both your hands to his, tears falling down your eyes.

"of course I would marry you Sabito" you happily said as you engulf in a big hug, Sabito chuckled as he wrap his hands to your back.

when you two pulled back, Sabito took out a ring and put it in your finger, you lovingly admire it but suddenly you got depressed remembering what he said.

"What's wrong?" he asked as he worriedly look at you expression.

"..I'm 100% sure you'll come back along with Giyu, you're  the best student of grandpa after all" you smiled at him, then took off the ring from your finger.

"I can't accept this" you seriously said as you handed the Ring back, he look at you with sadness and confusion.

"Why?" 

"...I'll accept your proposal any day, anytime, anywhere, so keep this and give it to me when you return, okay?" you said as you smile at him so warmly.

"I promise I'll put this ring in your finger no matter what happens" Sabito seriously said as he put his pinky towards you.

"I promise I'll wait for you no matter how long it takes" you then also put up your pinkie finger and wrap it around his.

That night you both swear to fulfill each others promise, however, the day that was supposed to be filled with happiness turned into a nightmare. Giyu was the only one who come back.

"you're kidding right, tell me your just joking!" you cried as you grip his collar, not believing the reality in front of you.

"I'm sorry" was all it took to make you collapse on the ground gripping Sabito's haori, that Giyu was able to bring back. you sob and cried on the ground as if half of your soul just died. Giyu keeled down and embrace you tightly, words were not needed to feel the sorrow and pain he was feeling. 

"Sabito..." you whispered as memories of both of you flash on your mind, his gentle voice, his scar, his gentle eyes, his smiling face. it was too much to bear, knowing that the person you promised your whole life was gone in an instant and so does your promise to each other, was what you thought until Tanjiro come in the picture.

"Good luck Tanjiro" you said as Tanjiro was preparing to leave for the Final Selection

"Don't worry about your sister, i'll take good care of her" your grandpa said, as he bid good bye to Tanjiro as well.

"All right, Thank you very much, i'll be going then (Y/N), Mr. Urokodaki" Tanjiro said as he depart. you and your Grandpa waving goodbye.

however, Tanjiro suddenly run back and run towards you.

"I almost forgot about this...He said to give this to you" Tanjiro then handed you a ring, a ring that was so familiar despite not seeing it for so long.

" 'Finally I fulfilled my promise', Sabito told me to tell you that, he should have told you himself, then i'm going now" 

tears gathered in your eyes as you tightly grip the ring in your hand, after all this years Sabito remembered, wiping your tears and putting on the ring, you run up the mountain.

Arriving on the same stone you and Sabito promised your whole lives, the very stone Tanjiro cutted in half. you catch your breath and stand in front of the stone.

"Sabito..." you softly whispered , a wind blowing and rustling the trees 

"thank you for fulfilling your promise...as I promise you I'll accept your proposal any day, anytime, anywhere, so Sabito i'll marry you no matter how long it takes..." tears fall down your eyes as a strong wind blows, some what comforting you. you wipe your tears away and smile warmly.

"So wait for me Sabito"  

~.~

Published: September 30, 2019