XX.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬❝ don't know what to do without you

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
don't know what to do without you.
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
⚌⚌

HE MIGHT NOT EVER get used to how white the place looked, and the smell of antiseptics keeping everything so clean and dust free. it was the opposite of how things seemed back at the warehouse, but jimin kept all his things in pristine condition as much as he could with the dark theme his best friend preferred.

"this is going to be a long 12 weeks." jina sighed as she pushed her hair over her shoulders and fixed her frown to a tight smile, ready for the doors to open and their guide to give them visitor passes as usual. they've been doing this for a few days already, jimin successfully making an impression with his skills and being asked to come back while their usual working was out sick. making these diamonds little by little took so much time it was agonizing. "i'm going as quick as i can." he frowned as well, taking his friends hand and giving it a light squeeze.

she turned to him and smiled, this time is was soft and genuine, "i know that, i'm just whining ignore me. it'll be worth it in the end."

they both nodded and released hands. it was a thing that started to happen the more a job went on, constantly reminding one's self that it will worth it in the end and you're not alone. everyone was in this as a time. trust was their number one priority.

jimin reminded himself of this during these days, as he sat at the computer talking quietly to yoongi who was back at the warehouse taking very good care of his lab. jina would be flitting right now, distracting their guide so jimin could hack into the mainframe and wire instructions to the plasma oven. a bathroom break always followed, to pick up the tiny amount of little jewels after hours of time in the oven. each one brought them a step closer. yoongi would then back into the labs database and adjust the numbers so it seemed like no carbon was used that day, none that would make the workers there suspicious.

everything was going smoothly, as it should, as it's always had. there was no reason to assume otherwise, but no one knew what was happening — the chaos wreaking the minds of the two boys sitting quietly in the apartment, not a word spoken as they remained washed in sunlight and downturned lips.

neither of them spoke, neither knew what to say. jungkook had to tell him at some point, there was no reason to drag it on until they were both way in over their heads. might as well let it all out now, before it got too complicated.

taehyung wasn't sure what to say the next morning anyways, sitting silently on the armchair and looking out the window. the view was of the building next door, not anything great.

"are you coming?" the ravenette asked. he stood by the apartment door, car keys dangling from his fingers while a coffee was in the other. taehyung looked over and his frown deepened. he shouldn't still be thinking about how attractive this guy is, last night running through his mind.

"i'm going to rob your fathers hotel."

they were staring at each other, not a word out loud between them but a million silent ones of confusion and panic.

what has he done? taehyung watched the stoic expression staring back at him.

what have i done? jungkook thought, seeing the pretty boys face fall.

"w-what?" taehyungs head was tilted to the side, confusion evident in his eyes and tone. "don't be silly kook."

jungkook chuckled quietly at that and leaned back against the couch cushion, trying not to notice the greater space between them now. both literally and figuratively. "would you say i'm typically silly?"

he wasn't. taehyung knew this, but he couldn't just wrap his mind around this right now. that's huge, like prison huge if jungkook got caught. maybe this made it easier for him, to get close to taehyung so he could learn more, to use him. the thought sent pain through his heart and tears in his eyes. why did everyone always want something else from him?

"i only told you, because i didn't want to keep it from you any longer." the raven haired male decided to speak. the lack of response from the other and his glassy eyes gave away the fact that he probably won't be talking

"did you just want to use me? for your plan?" taehyung couldn't help the little desperation in his voice, the quiver of his lip, and the drain of hope from his eyes.

it was odd how calm jungkook was, there was no equally desperate apology or beg for forgiveness. they were a hurricane together, the brunette was a storm of emotion rushing through his mind and jungkook was the eye, calm as ever, but equally dangerous.

"i never used you taehyung."

"but-"

"no." jungkook cut him off, this time his hand landed over the others, "i never used you." he repeated. there was an earnesty in his eyes that calmed taehyung, he believed what he was saying.

"you always came to me." jungkook said. "you approached me in the bar that night we met, and you invited me to the cafe the first time, and everything after that was me not wanting to leave because i enjoy your company." he continued to talk, and taehyung never thought he heard the boy say so much at one time.

"the fact that you're the son of my target means nothing to my intentions when it came to seeing you. trust me." the last two words hung in the air for a moment. it was hard to get them out, but jungkook finally realized he could say them now and mean it.

"you went to prison for trusting someone." taehyung said.

the corner of jungkooks lips turned up into a smile, "yes, i did." he said, reaching up to push more hair back from the brunettes face, leaving his palm against the boys cheek.

"do you trust me?" taehyung asked. the tears in his eyes had settled, no longer upset and his mind was running to figure out why.

"i trust you'll do what's right for you." jungkooks said. his hand fell from the other as he stood, "i'll take the couch."

everything after that ended pretty quickly, both saying goodnight and neither falling asleep any time soon. and right now, taehyung couldn't think of a thing to say to the ravenette, because he felt like he should be angry. he felt like he should be fighting and arguing, maybe even calling the cops.

but all he wanted to say, was that jungkook looked good in those jeans and that white shirt showing his collarbones.

they knew they had to talk about it, eventually, but the next morning wasn't the time. neither was the car ride to the warehouse. even if they weren't going to talk, jungkook thought he could at least show him. show him everything.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
do you guys think that
happened to quickly?
let me know your thoughts!