Book 3 ~ Chapter 6

✨•~~~~~~~~•✨
LEIs POV

We were still in the air but closely approaching Ba Sing Se. I stood next to Korra and Tenzin, while we were looking down at Bumi and Kai having a small lesson with Jinora. Kai won, leaving Bumi on the ground.

"It's so exciting to be on a diplomatic mission to Ba Sing Se. What's the Earth Queen like?" Korra asked curiously, I scoffed.

"She's absolutely horrible, I can't stand her, she visited the fire nation once for a meeting with Lord Zuko, and other leaders. Lord Zuko couldn't stand her either," I replied.

"Well, I've never met her but I heard she can be quite demanding," Tenzin said, leaving Korra curious. Suddenly, Bolin came running up next to me holding the railing and looking out to the city approaching.

"This is it, Mako! This is where dad grew up! Come here! Look! Look!" Bolin said excitedly, I chuckled at his eagerness.

"Okay, calm down, I'm looking," Mako said slowly, as he walked to his brother's side.

The city ahead of us was huge and had several ring divisions. From the outside, it had a tall and wide wall covering the whole perimeter of the city, making it impossible to climb over.

"I wonder how many airbenders are down there?" Korra asked curiously, as we began to hover above the city. Suddenly, I smelled something terrible and immediately covered my nose.

"Ugh, the lower ring looks terrible," Korra commented, as we overlooked the lower ring. It had dark smoke around it, and a few not well-built houses.

"I can smell it from here, no wonder dad left," Bolin added, as he covered his entire face under his shirt.

It took us a couple of minutes before we arrived in the inner ring. It was a long distance from the wall till the inner palace. The airship slowly descended in front of the palace, that served as an air dock for other flying ships and planes. When the airship had safely come to a stop, the ramp lowered and we all went down. We were greeted by a man with earth kingdom robes.

"Avatar Korra, Master Tenzin, and of course, Princess Lei, It is a pleasure to welcome you and your friends to the upper ring of Ba Sing Se. I am grand secretariat, Gam," Gam said, as he bowed in front of us.

"Thank you," Korra said, as she and I bowed.

Bolin took a step forward along with Oogie behind him, Naga and Kaya at his side, and Pabu on his shoulder, as they took a deep breath, inhaling the air.

"Ahh, It's got that upper ring smell," Bolin commented, I chuckled lightly and rolled my eyes.

Gam widened his eyes at the animals, and said quickly, "Oh no, the queen hates animals. We have to get them out of sight,"

"Well, I can just stash Pabu in my shirt," Bolin said, holding Pabu in his hands, then he looked at Naga, Kaya, and Oogie, "These three are going to be a bit of a problem,"

"Come, I'll take you to your quarters," Gam said, as he led us out of the air dock.

I glanced back at Kaya who stayed with Oogie and Naga. I gestured for them to follow us, and they eagerly responded. Kaya came up to my side, so I petted her causing her to purr. We were passing the garden that had beautiful pond with koi fish.

"Now, when you meet the queen, make sure you bow low enough, that's very important. Don't look her in the eye, she can't stand that. If any food is served, don't eat before she eats," Gam explained quickly, with a hint of worry in his voice.

"That seems like an awful lot of rules," Korra huffed.

"Trust me, It's a lot worse when you actually meet the woman," I whispered to Korra, she groaned.