CHAPTER THREE

The sweet aroma of whatever Rui was making in the kitchen was mesmerising, almost pulling him away from reality. His sister had always been a great cook but for some reason it felt as if she was going all out for some occasion.

"So, how was school today?"

His mind suddenly came back to reality. "It was okay, I guess."

Rui wiped her hands on her apron and took a seat beside him. "Why so?"

He looked off to the stairs. "Well it didn't feel exactly how I thought it would. I was planning to just be the unknown stranger but everyone kept asking me questions."

She smiled. "I went through that too. It wasn't all that bad, was it."

Masato shook his head. "And most of the guys kept asking about you."

"Me?"

"Seems you already have guys falling for you." He brushed the loose strands of hair that had escaped her elastic-banded pony-tail from her face. "Just stay away from my class."

Rui was quiet for a moment but then burst out laughing. "I already have a boyfriend, Maso-kun."

He gave her a confused look. "On the first day?"

She nodded while smiling. "Is that bad?"

He took a deep breath and returned her smile. "I guess not. Have I met him?"

She sat there smiling for a while then she suddenly kissed him. Not the 'brother-sister' kind in the slightest.

"R...Rui..."

She said nothing and moved on top of him. "Dinner will be ready soon."

He wanted so badly to get her off of him but having her so close froze him and all he could do was repeat her name.

"I want us to be together, Masato." She undid the apron and threw her hands around his neck. "I love you."

All consciousness of what was right and what was wrong disappeared from his mind and he quickly found himself on top of Rui on the floor. "I love you, Rui." His mouth seemed to move on its own and his hands quickly followed. "I don't want to hold back anymore."

Rui's eyes brightened. "I don't want to you to." Her hands brought his head down between her breasts. "Go ahead."

He nodded. Rui let of  a deep moaning sound as she enclosed herself around him. Her nails dug into the back of his neck as he moved back and forth and she wrapped her legs around him. "Maso... kun."

Her warmth was almost maddening and Masato was far beyond helping himself. Who cares if she's my sister? If we love each other then its fine, right? They were so caught up in what they were doing they didn't hear the thud that came from the drop of a briefcase.

"Masato? Rui?"

Even though the voice was faint and full of disbelief, there was no mistaking who that person was.

"Father?" His senses returned and now even he couldn't believe what he was just doing.

A tear rolled down Mr. Isayama's cheek and he walked off to the stairs, not taking another look at them. "Dad!" He tried chasing after him but Rui held on to him.

"I don't think he wants to talk to us."

Masato fell to his knees and started crying. "What have I done?"

Rui wrapped her hands around him. "He was bound to find out someday."

He angrily brushed her off of him. "Stay away from me!"

"But..."

"Just stop it, Rui." He said weakly before getting on his shirt and going back to the table. "Stop acting like nothing happened."

"I..." She stopped herself when she saw her father heading quietly to the table.

"I think I need an explanation," he said before taking a seat. "I want to know why I saw what I just did."

The two looked away shame-faced.

"I said I want an explanation!" Mr. Isayama's voiced boomed, startling them. "I want to know why my son and my daughter were doing such a thing with each other."

Masato began trembling as the man's eyes targeted him. "Its becau..."

"Because we're lovers!" Rui suddenly yelled at the top of her voice. "We love each other and nothing you say will change that."

Mr. Isayama frown dropped for a moment. "Lovers?" He stood up and slammed his hand down on the table. "What the hell do you mean 'lovers'?"

"I mean we want to be with each other!"

"Nonsense!" He sat back down and his voice lowered. "Masato."

Masato felt his heart racing at the man's voice. "Y... yes?"

"Do you love Rui?"

His head lowered. How was he supposed to answer a question like that? "Dad..." his tone was low but he took Rui's hand in his, assuring her he would stand by her. "I want you to support us."

Mr. Isayama looked away from them. "You want me to accept the fact that my two children are gunning after each other?" His head dropped to the table and for the first time since their mother died, Masato heard his father crying. "I'd never." His chair screeched another time and this time he headed back upstairs. "Don't bother start thinking of trying to get me to change my mind."

They looked on as the man left them for a second time and Rui's grip tightened.  "He'll never accept us." Through the distraught expression on her face, she forced a smile. "It doesn't matter much though."

Masato tensed. "We already lost mom, I don't want to lose him too."

Rui hugged him. "I don't want to lose either of you." She drew him closer and pressed her lips against his. "But if it comes down to choice, I'd always choose you."

He looked back at the stairs. Is it okay if I lose my dad because I love my sister?