Chapter Three: Boys with Scars

It was like looking into a mirror. Or maybe a Ken doll version of me. Well, a bad boy, Ken doll version of me with a guitar. 

Well, our scars were the same. The scars ran over his right eye, lip, over his chin, and down his chest. I wondered if the pattern went underneath the white buttoned up shirt. Besides the scars, Ari and I didn't look anything alike. He was about a foot taller than me, a bit on the skinny side, black hair, and brown eyes. There was something handsome about him. He probably would've been a model if he didn't have the scars. His fingers were long with his right hand being covered in scars. It had to hurt to hold his guitar for long in that hand.

"I, what is that?" Drake said. He sounded more confused than me. 

"Another human with..." I said. 

"Sight?" Drake whispered. He shook his head. "Matty, we should leave. If he does have sight, he might already have his own motives-"

"It's always amazing how breathtaking his voice can be," Oracle said. He stepped closer to me and I felt Drake tense. "Isn't it, Matty?"

The hair on the back of my neck stood.

Does he see? I didn't see scars, but a second ago I thought I was the only one with sight. Paranoia flooded my thoughts. Was this good? Bad? 

"Matty we should-"

"Oh no, this couldn't be more surprising. And now I can't get it together because you walked in."

"- We need to leave!" Drake whispered.

But, I can't leave.

I can't leave. He's just like me. And he's looking at me. I can't. I have to know more. 

"Matty-" Drake tried to grab my hand, but I yanked my hand back as all the emotions rushed into my head. There's no way this guy has scars exactly like mine. Am I really not alone? The feelings pooled in my chest and I felt like I couldn't breathe for a second. 

The guitar strings stopped and my shoulders tensed as he hopped off the makeshift stage. I stepped back. He walked over with one hand on his guitar.

"Hey Oracle, what's up with blondie here?" Ari asked.

I stepped back, bumping my back into Drake's chest.

"This is the photographer from the paper..." Oracle said. The smile seemed confident on his face, but my stomach twisted. 

What am I supposed to say? Should I point out the elephant in the room? Or should I wait? It's not like I can just out right ask, right? But his scars mirror mine. And he has to know. He has to! Right?

The musician turned to me and grinned. "Looks like we have a lot in common. I'm Ari Liam."

He reached out and grabbed my hand. He squeezed hard. It felt powerful. I could feel callouses under his fingers. I squeezed back. I recognized this power move bullshit. Just because he's a big guy doesn't mean I was a tiny weak woman. 

"Matty Lee-" I began. 

"MATTY!" Warmth engulfed me.

"Damn you!" Drake said and I could imagine his face turning red. I wish I could see it. The panic I've been feeling was wiped away as Eloy's glamour wrapped tightly around me. I sighed.

"What are you two doing here!" Eloy asked. He seemed excited to see us for some reason. It wasn't fair how he looked handsome with messy hair, overalls and wait-