- road to revival -

considering other fanfics...check out my update on conversation board!

please comment & vote - thanks cuties : )

ANDREW AND HIS BAND OF MUTANT-HATERS ARE STILL ON THE STREET

And instead of being on patrol, working to track down the group that targeted her and her friends, Elenora was being forced to endure an awkward dinner with the dream-team.

That's right - the entire Junior Avengers team was there; each and every one of them resisting the urge to mention anything related to their training or SHEILD, and instead, torturing Elenora with a useless conversation.

"I think," Bridgit started, stressing both words with such importance that made Connor rolled his eyes sand Harley look up from his burger. "That there's no need to even have school nurses. They don't do anything, anyway."

"You're biased," Peter pointed out, lifting his hand from where it was folded on the surface of the table; this was enough to make Bridgit's nose involuntarily flair and for Harley to glance back down to his mean. "You've been to like what? Three schools in your life?" Bridgit went to speak, but Peter was faster. "The institute does not count - having a doctor as a school nurse is not normal."

"Jokes on you," Brdigti taunted, cocking her head in that way that literally made Connor want to punch her in the face. Cooper noticed, and raised his eyebrows in a bit of comfort to his friend. "The institute would only help your point - you wouldn't believe the number of times a student has fallen from the rooftop."

Elenora, for the first time that hour, nodded and said, "I can attest to that."

Blushing red the second her eyes fell on him, Connor thought, oh, so this is how it's gonna go.

The message was clear on his face, but Elenora read it with nothing more than a half-grin.

"You've fallen off of the roof?" Cooper urged her to speak more, prompting both Bridgit to stifle a laugh and Peter looked towards Connor. His hair was now falling to hide his expression.

"Less fallen," Elenora corrected, acting like she was in thought be for adding, "More like pushed."

"Off of a roof?"

"Yeah."

"Wow," Cooper breathed out, half laughing. "That must've been something."

"Oh, it was," Elenora promised as her eyes shot over to Connor, who, relieved that he hadn't caught on, threw a french fry at her.

And just as the table fell silent again, Bridgit deiced to end the promise she made to just about every adult she'd seen in the last five hours; her wide eyes turned to Elenora as she demanded, "When are you coming back?"

There was that heat in her chest again. The burning one, the one she felt during any confrontation lately, and the one that made the ache in her chest so much more prominent.