Chapter 7

The tawny she-wolf padded carefully through the river, the rushing water wetting her underbelly and flanks. She couldn't bring herself to care. She was on a mission, and she would fulfill it. Neither the sharp rocks poking her pads nor the iciness of the large stream would deter her set mind. When she had a goal in mind, she had to do it.

     She owed it to her, after all she'd done for her.

     So she would build an army and bring it to her.

•••

     I prowled out the meeting room with an angry snarl printed into my features and a handful of wolves padding behind me. I'd have to get them to shift sooner or later, however more comfortable it was to be in that state. The rest of the Shifting Shadows had spread out to control the building, still in wolf form.

     Sahara and Eclipse were taking their role very seriously.

     Fenris caught up to me, putting a gentle hand on my elbow. I shimmied closer to him, enjoying this feeling of righteousness, of belonging. I'd rarely felt it before. However, wrapped in his powerful arms, I felt at home, an emotion I had never experienced before.

I loved him.

"So, how are you dealing?" he asked, nuzzling the top of my head.

"About what?" I lightly licked the tip of his nose in affection.

"The sexist pricks on the council."

     I chuckled.

"I want to feed them to the Shifting Shadows. I want to personally rip their fucking dick off," my mood had shifted, lips quivering, aching to reveal sharp white teeth.

     The strong male that was mine ran his long fingers through my hair, combing through the outgrown locks.

"Weren't they short?"

"They grew back. Wolf hair grows very fast, Fenris."

"Do you want to cut it again?" he seemed fascinated by the slightly curled, luscious strands.

"Do you want me to cut it?" I liked having my hair short, but if Fenris liked it long...

     I would keep it. He deserved it.

"No I don't, but I assume you do."

"I do, but this is something I'm willing to give you. It's not that bothering."

"It makes you look like a fucking Queen. My Queen."

     I shivered. I like that. His Queen. And he was my King. Mine. I liked that too.

"You're my King. Anyone who even fucking thinks at you wrong will be six feet under before they can finish the thought," I growled into his ear, feeling a surge of possessiveness ignite my veins.

     This beautiful male belonged to me as I belonged to him.

"Violent. You scare me, Little Wolf," he smirked into my hair.

     I mocked him under my breath.

"Anyways, do you know where we'll be staying?" I asked him, untangling myself.

"Yeah, was just asking the Beta Rannalufr. Last floor of this building."

"Damn, baby. The fucking penthouse. I can taste the money from here."

     Fenris burst out laughing, throwing his head back. His mouth opened into a wide grin, dimples showing and silver eyes sparkling.

"Baby? Is this a term of endearment I should start getting used to?" he chuckled.

"Because you thought so didn't you?"

     Our conversation was cut off by an irritated mind voice.

As much as your canoodling is entertaining, I'd very much like to find myself a bed in which to sleep.

     I whipped my head around, meeting Lycaon's glare.

"Then by all means go find one!" I threw at him.

     He lowered his head.

Can't. Gotta protect you.

Hey! I'm here too! Teras interjected.

     His hulking frame nudged the smaller—though still massive—black wolf.

You seriously think I'm going to start trusting a teddy bear around our Queen?

No fair, Lycaon!

     Morrigan quickly caught my eye and nodded to the staircase, rolling her eyes. I winked at her and pulled Fenris to the elevator.

A/N) so tired and emotional right now so good night and enjoy the chapter and may your crush like you back and be successful and eat lots of chocolate ❤️❤️