Shawn Mendes x Reader

She remembers perfectly the day Shawn told her he was making a new song with Camila.

She couldn't really help the weird feeling that made it through her body, something like electricity as she could barely stop her eyes from closing.

"That's great, baby. I'm sure it's going to be a hit." (Y/N) gave Shawn a tight smile.

Shawn grabbed her hand. "I know what you're thinking, but it's nothing. I'm happy with you and she's happy with her boyfriend, we just had this idea..." Shawn started rambling, but she interrupted him.

"Shawn, you don't have to give me an explanation. I know she's your friend and I trust our relationship, you don't have to feel like you're doing something wrong." She caressed his cheek.

That conversation had taken place almost nine months ago. Now, she was silently staring at the wall as she watched the music video. Well, at least she tried to after closing her laptop several times when the scenes got too much for her to watch.

She knew she was overreacting, there was nothing to be done and it probably was her mind playing games on her.

but maybe, just maybe... it wasn't that she was delusional, maybe it was the reality hitting her on the face as she watched her boyfriend with the woman he used to have a crush on and much of the show business world wanted them together.

As if a weird coincidence or conspiracy was playing against her, Alexa started playing the song Why by Shawn, and she truly felt like she could punch a hole through her apartment wall.

She ignored Shawn's call, knowing it wasn't going do to any good to have a conversation right now. she simply activated the do not disturb and stared at the ceiling.

She hoped her luck would change by the morning, but she opened the BuzzFeed app to catch up and noticed a headline that caught her attention.

Camila Cabello and her boyfriend have broken up.

Fuck. Fuck. Fuck.

A perfect storm, because she didn't need to open her Instagram to know that her posts were filled with comments of people telling her to leave Shawn so that he and Camila could finally be together.

She knew she couldn't keep avoiding Shawn. Warily answering his texts, saying she had fallen asleep last night and wasn't able to respond. It didn't take long for Shawn to call her, she sighed before picking up.

"Hey you, you had me worried." Shawn said and she knew he was sipping on his coffee.

"Hey... I'm sorry, I was just so tired and went to be early."

"'s okay," Silence filled the line. "Did you watch the video?" Shawn asked, knowing deep inside of him that she hadn't been tired last night, she was just ignoring him.

"I did." She answered too quickly.

Shawn breathed in deeply, "Did you like it?"

"Of course, it was great."

"(Y/N)..." Shawn closed his eyes and ran a hand through his curls.

"Look, I have a busy day and have to go, sorry." She could feel her eyes filling with tears as she spoke.

"I know you are not okay." Shawn insisted.

"Why wouldn't I?" Her voice raised. "Call me when you know which day you'll be back, okay?"

Shawn sighed, "okay," He didn't know what else to say, "Hey, I love you."

A smile creeped on her lips, "I love you, Shawn."