Chapter 11: Aurum

#825
As much as Papa enjoys denying it, we all know he absolutely loves Aurum. The day we brought him home is so fresh in my memory, Papa jumped on the bed while Aurum whoofed around. It was so funny and adorable.
Tonight, we celebrated my 10th and Aurum's 5th birthday together. It was an overwhelming feeling of happiness and I must mention Papa enjoyed the most. He looked the happiest while chumming around with Aurum, our golden boy.

~ Aavya, on her 10th birthday.

❋❋❋

The color of Aman's face flushed out. The problems were not stopping. One after the other, it was like he was running a never-ending hurdles marathon.

" W-What happened?" Thea held his hand.

" It's Au-Aurum. They took him to the vet. He wasn't br-breathing properly. He might n-not... " Aman was so shaken up that he could barely stand straight or speak.

"Let's go... I'm driving." At once Thea took the keys from his hand and yanked him out.

Throughout the ride, Aman didn't say a word. The shock was traumatizing. Thea understood. She always did. Aman's life hadn't been easy, neither in Paris.
He had had a couple of panic attacks and she had seen him how badly he missed his home. She knew his was a close-knit family and one truly appreciated that only when one's alone.

Aurum, he was extremely special to Aman. Although he was Aavya birthday present, Aurum completed their family whole. He had brought his collar along with him to Paris. The way he spoke about his prized golden retriever was a treat to watch. She knew that when Aman loved someone, it was unconditional hence making it so special.

Aman rushed inside the hospital as Thea parked the car and followed. Aavya, Rose, and Ahana were sitting outside the OT. Aman rushed towards them.

" Aavya..." She was already in tears and as soon as she saw her brother she ran to hug him tight. Aurum was her wish but the three of them, even their parents, shared his love since they were kids. Thea and Rose glanced at each other briefly while Aavya sobbed uncontrollably.

" Hey... He's gonna be alright. You know he will be." He rubbed her back.

" This is the third time we've brought him here Aman, in 2 months. His age is catching up. " Ahana looked at him as he nodded. Aurum did have a remarkable life and health but everyone knows that age soon catches up.

He glanced at his mother with tears in his eyes. She didn't say anything further. Her silence was enough to tell him what he has missed again.

Just as Aavya had calmed down, Ansh and Ayan walked towards them. 

Ansh looked at Aman and turned his face to Aavya and Rose.

" They are treating him and keeping him tonight. His heart is extremely weak and so is his vision. He is losing his hearing ability..." Aavya was crying again now. She wasn't the hardwired one. Being practical didn't come naturally to her.

" Ahana, I'll stay here. You all should go home. Come tomorrow morning." Ansh said.

" No, Papa. I'll stay. You need to rest. " Aman countered looking at his father.

" I can accompany him. " Ayan said.

" I'm staying... " Aavya sobbed.

Ahana sighed.

" Aman can stay. We all will come tomorrow. Aavya, honey... Please... " He held her daughter who hugged him tightly.

" Ayan... Please. Aurum's gonna be okay." Ansh urged his son to come with them and he nodded, understanding that they might need him home.