(82): Like A Movie

⚠️ mature content ahead ⚠️

***

Kyle's POV.

So the last five days have been a lot, to say the very least.

From having my girlfriend kidnapped, to seeing her all tied up like a fucking prisoner, to watching my brother fight for his life, to being shot by own fucking father and then finally to be on this stupid hospital bed feeling helpless.

Luckily I'm getting discharged today.

I'm just so grateful for Chelsea-Anne. She's made these last few days more bearable than they actually were. Her presence is just enough for me. Having her visit me the whole time and laying with me is just a bonus, even though I basically begged her to. I just always want her around me. She makes everything so much better.

I'm grateful for my family too; mom and RJ... oh and Theodore now. He came to visit me again today and I couldn't stop grinning like an idiot while we 'played'. He's just so precious... I can't describe how happy and light-hearted I felt when I saw him for the time two days ago. I never knew a baby could evoke those types of feelings in me. I felt joy... and pride. That's my nephew. My sister made him. I've never felt like that before. I can't wait till Zach meets him.

Speaking of... he's still not up.

I guess Jefferson and his goons really did a number on him. I knew it looked bad, but I didn't know it was enough to knock him out for so long. I just hope he'll be okay... I genuinely do. I may not like him, but I love him. He's my brother, it's kind of inevitable. Plus, I could see him getting better as a person. Chelsea-Anne told me about how he went the extra mile just to help her, because he wanted to and not because he wanted something in return. The old Zach would never. I guess he really did do all those things because of our father and because of the anger he felt about RJ.

My mom's fetching me from the hospital.

"Are you ready?" That nurse enters my room as I wait.

I've just taken a shower and I'm wearing my clothes, ready to leave this place.

I nod absentmindedly "Yeah"

"So, uh, I really enjoyed being your nurse and all" She almost blushes, bashing her short lashes at me.

The fuck? Is she flirting with me?

"So?" I reply harshly.

She visibly flinches and clears her throat "Nothing, uh, I was just saying. Was that your girlfriend who kept coming here?"

"How is that any of your business?"

I can definitely see why Chelsea-Anne didn't like her. She's not even trying to subtle. I'm actually starting to feel uncomfortable.

"Uhm, I..."

"Baby? You ready?"

Thank goodness. I look to my mother who's waiting for me just outside the door probably coming back from signing my forms as I pick up my duffle bag.

"Bye" The girl squeals but I ignore her.

I exit the door and my mom envelops me into a tight hug.

"You good?" We start to walk.

I nod "Yeah"

"Now why didn't you say goodbye to that girl? She looked nice" Mom asks.

She's always been a bad judge of character.

"She was annoying me" I reply.

"This is about Chelsea, huh? You're immune to every other girl?" My mom laughs teasing me slightly "I'm proud. That's the way it should be"