Chapter 17: On Good Terms

Ron stood with his mouth wide open, "what the fuck."
"Ron-"
"You and... him?" He stabbed a finger at Draco, slightly shaking.
"It's nothing-" Draco tried to get away, but Harry pulled him back.
"Ron listen," he said.
Ron took a deep breath, then asked, "Who else knows?"
Harry and Draco looked thankful that he was no longer freaking out, "Hermione..."
"Anyone else?" Ron asked firmly, Harry shook his head.
"So, how... far... have you gone?" He awkwardly said, Harry almost wanted to laugh and Draco died inside.
"Well, this is a good time for me to excuse myself," Draco said quickly, and basically ran to the bathroom so Harry couldn't grab him back.
"Now he's gone," Ron beamed, "how long has this been going on for?"
"Not long."
Ron made a face, "right..." he thought about it, not knowing what to say next, "I'll Um- leave you two alone... then."
After a few seconds of awkward tension, he left.

Draco emerged from the bathroom, "everything ok?"
"What am I going to do," Harry put his head in his hands.
Draco practically threw his body towards Harry to comfort the boy, "your going to do nothing, if Ron cares about you he'll keep his mouth shut, and if he tells everyone, then he does, either way as long as I still have you."
Harry couldn't help but smile so wide, he glanced at Draco, "I love you so much."
"I love you too," Draco replied, and they shared a small and quick kiss before getting ready to leave for the Great hall to meet Hermione and Ron.

Harry decided that going to talk to them without Draco might be easier, obviously Draco wasn't happy with this decision but agreed because it's what Harry thought was best.
He walked to the hall, anxiety bubbling inside him with each step. He half hoped Ron was there with Hermione, half hoped they weren't inside meaning he could avoid talking to them completely.
He turned the corner at the tall golden doors that open into the Hall, at at his rightful place at the Griffindor table sat Harry's red-haired best friend, but no Hermione.
He shuffled his way over to him. Ron noticed, and sighed, then got up and tried to leave.
Harry put a hand up to block Ron's way, "we need to talk."
"There isn't anything to really say, I mean I can handle you being gay but when it's with Malfoy... I mean you must have some standards."
All of Harry's anxiety suddenly flooded away, "you- you mean you don't mind?"
"Of course not, why would I care who you slept with as long as it isn't my girlfriend I'm fine with it," Ron smiled and placed a hand on Harry's shoulder, "so, are you going to tell me how you and Malfoy happened then?"

Draco had been sulking in his common room for a while, wishing Harry would walk in and tell him everyone was fine. Something was telling him it wouldn't be that easy. Ron was Harry's best friend, and Draco knew friend ranked above dates but he just hoped Harry wouldn't call it off with him if Ron felt uncomfortable.
He got up, and rushed out of the room to get some fresh air, he had decided sitting alone wasn't helping him feel any better.
He swiftly walked down the corridors trying to avoid any conversation, he arrived at his private spot before he knew it, the place he told Harry he didn't want to fight any more in the courtyard, the first day back this year.

Harry and Ron had been walking around the school grounds for ages, enjoying their free timetable day and discussing Harry's love life.
"I mean, you seem really happy," Ron beamed.
"I feel it too," Harry sighed, a good sigh, because he had just realised his life was finally falling into place, no dark lord to beat, no Dursley's to be scared of, no arch-enemy.
Harry, zoning out from what Ron was saying, noticed a familiar crop of blond hair neatly placed on a boys head, his pale skin and grey eyes, "I'll be back," Harry said, interrupting Ron.
"Huh?-" Ron began, but looked to see where Harry was looking and saw Draco Malfoy brooding alone.
"What's wrong now?" Harry said in a joking matter.
"How's Ron dealing with... us?" Draco hesitantly asked.
Harry glanced over to Ron's place, "he's fine actually, I don't think he's too happy with you being my first but hell get over it when he gets to know your handsome, charming self."
"Your right, I am pretty charming," Draco laughed, and so did Harry. Draco pushes himself closer to Harry, and put a finger under Harry's chin. For a moment he wanted to kiss him, not caring about who saw, he wanted to spend forever with Draco, he was so busy admiring him that he hadn't noticed Ron sneaking up behind him.
"So..." Ron stuck out his hand, and Draco paused before pulling away and glancing at Harry (he was smiling) then shaking Ron's hand, "we are on good terms, all things from the past... they can be forgotten?"
"Of course, but maybe not when you laughed at me getting attacked by Hagrids Hippogriff." They all laughed, and Harry looked back at Draco softly.
"Well, good thing about a free timetable is that no one is around..." Ron hinted at, Draco caught on, but Harry didn't quite.
"What?-" Harry started, but a hand had grasped his and make him pause mid sentence. A thin pale hand was intertwining with his tanned one, each touch was like a spark of electricity coursing through Harry's veins. He shortly realised what Ron had meant.
Suddenly, ruining the moment, Ron slapped his forehead, "Bloody hell, is that really the time? I promised Hermione is spend time with her and that I'd only be out for a short while!"
"Go and see to Grangers needs, Ive got plans to keep us company," Draco said with a smirk plastered onto his face.
There were so many things Harry loved about the boy, and one of them was how Draco always showed his true self when with Harry. Around others he'd put on a strong face, acting like no one cares, but when alone with just Harry he is gentle and cares a lot and shows weakness, although Harry never once though Draco was weak in anything he did, sometimes Harry thought Draco was strong than himself.
Ron skipped swiftly away, and Draco and Harry stood in the courtyard, holding hands, realising they couldn't stay like stone forever.
"Should we head to the common room?"