XXI.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬❝ everything precious was alsovulnerable

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
everything precious was also
vulnerable.
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
⚌⚌

A LARGE DOOR loomed in front of them, metal and rusted matching most of the alley that they stood in together. there was no movement or sounds, except for the quiet city traffic and occasionally honk breaking up the morning atmosphere.

"are you sure?" jungkook asked for the tenth time already, he already punched in code and glanced up at the security camera. he knew someone was watching.

taehyung just nodded and tightened the strings on the hoodie the younger boy let him borrow. "i'm a little curious." he admitted.

he smiled at that, the other looking so small in his clothes. jungkook liked it a little more than he should have. "come on." he chuckled, putting his arm around taehyungs shoulders and pulling him into his side.

it was odd to see the two like this, now open and true, still smiling at each other despite the news brought about the night before. "do you just want to be batman?" taehyung looked around the dimly lit warehouse, brick walls and dark furniture lining the walls and tables scattered around the large room. it was like a modern day bat cave, with snacks. the boxes of cereal were spilled on the table from those who spent the night working.

"what's this." namjoon spoke up, coming from the lab and the glass doors closing behind him. jungkooks lips pressed into a straight line and the brunette took note of this, he also recognized the new guy from the other night at the hotel.

"how's jimins progress coming along?" the ravenette asked instead. he lowered his arm from the other boys shoulders and walked towards the lab.

he barely got there, a strong hand landing on his shoulder to keep him from walking past. "we need to talk. these are your own rules you're breaking." namjoon said.

all he got in return was a cold glare from the younger. "taehyung, let me introduce you to hoseok." jungkook said, his eyes never left his hyung, not until he felt the brunettes hand wrap gently around his bicep.

taehyung noticed the tension already, gently tugging at the fabric to get the boy to look at him. and he did — jungkook smiled softly and led him to the lab, two other boys looking intently at the monitor where footage of hallways and fancy equipment was displayed.

"hey jungkook!" hoseok spun around in one of the chairs and grinned widely. "who's this-"

"you're taehyung." yoongi cut his friend off with a quiet tone and raised eyebrow. he obviously did his homework and knew the targets, but he wasn't expecting to see one of them in person so soon.