Chapter 26 - Unexpected Help

1. Yes, I'm using Jackson. No, you can't stop me.
2. This chapter is pretty long. It would be kinda awkward to stay at a teacher's house if you weren't that close with them so I needed to make it somewhat comfortable.
3. The picture was found on google

Your college professor, Mr. Jackson Wang.

The one that made it very clear to not come to the tide pools on the other side of the rock. The one you mentioned briefly in the beginning. The one you now had to tell you disobeyed.

Was meeting mermaids the reason why he didn’t want us here? Maybe he knew not to get involved with them or the pirates. Either way, he seemed to be the only person that could possibly know. 

You walked quickly and desperately, listening to anything that sounded like movement. You eventually got to where your professor lived. You were really nervous not only to tell him what happened but also to what he would do.

You cautiously knocked on his front door hoping he would hear you. Quicker then you expected, he came and opened the front door. He was dressed the same way from class today.

“(Y/N)? What are doing here this late?” He asked. 

“Um, I have to tell you something.” What else were you supposed to say right away? He kinda laughed at your response.

“(Y/N), if you had a question, you’re supposed to e-mail me about it, not come to my front door-”

“It’s not about that, it’s something more important.” You interrupted him. He thought for a moment and then nodded his head for you to continue. You took a deep breath.

“I understand you told us to never go to the other side of the rock on the beach, but I did-”

“Stop for a second.” He interrupted you this time. He walked out farther, looked both ways, and spoke again.

“Get inside. We can talk in private in there.” 

He walked back through the door with you following behind. You stepped inside his house and he shut the door behind you, but not without looking both ways again. You looked around his house.

 You looked around his house

It was actually really nice. 

“Take your shoes off and come sit at the island.” He walked back over the marble island. You slipped your shoes off and slowly walked over to the island and sat done on one of the chairs.

“So I’m assuming you met the mermaids?” Jackson asked.

“Yeah, so you know them then?” 

“Yeah. That’s why I didn’t want any of my students going down there. I had one go down there and I never knew what happened to her.”

You stayed quiet for a moment. 

“What was she like?”

“She was pretty, popular, kinda narcissistic. You were so full of herself and she got away with almost everything. She was very manipulative. We did a short trip down there with a few of the students and she was one of them. We couldn’t find her when we were about to leave, but she was complaining so much we just assumed she had gone back to campus.”

You remembered the girl Yoongi talked about. 

“I think one of them said something about a girl who found them and was trying to use a mermaids kiss to become one. Maybe that was her?” 

He thought for a second.

“Probably that sounds like something she’d do.” 

You nodded. 

“But actually, it’s not the mermaids I’m worried about-”

“The pirates found you?” He looked straight at you. His gaze making you nervous. You nodded. 

“They put a note on my bed in my dorm threatening me. I couldn’t sleep that night or focus on class today because of them.”

“They know where your dorm is?” His tone was serious. You nodded again. He huffed out thinking. After a few minutes, he spoke up.

“I have an idea but it all depends if your comfortable with it or not. I’ll let you stay here tonight on the couch and then tomorrow morning before classes I’ll take you to my beach house off-campus. I’ll excuse you from classes until I can assure your safety. There should be no one there so you can stay there until we figure out what to do. It’s right on the water so you can still be with the mermaids if you need help. Does that sound ok?” 

You thought about it for a moment. You stay here tonight and then you go and stay in a beach house with access to the water so you could still see them. You really didn’t have a choice. There was no way you can stay at your dorm tonight. 

“Sounds ok to me.” He nodded. He chuckled slightly.

“Of all my students I expected you to be the one that listened, but I’m not surprised that you didn’t.” He smiled at you. “You always did have more passion for marine life than my other students.” 

You giggled at his compliment. “Yeah, I guess.” 

“You do. You really do. So you’ve met all the mermaids yet?”

“Oh yeah, kinda. Jungkook I’ve been with the most, Jimin was pretty flirty, Taehyung was helpful, Jin was super nice, Yoongi was kinda helpful, and Hoseok was bubbly and energetic.”

“What about Namjoon?”

“Oh, um, I don’t think he likes me. He attacked me when we first met and he always pulled the others away from me.”

“What happened?”

“I found Taehyung caught in one of the pirate's nets and I got him out of it but Namjoon took it the wrong way and used the water to throw me up against one of the rocks and injured my back.” 

“Jungkook found you and healed you, I assume?”

“Yeah, I helped him when he was injured so he helped me.”

“How’d you help him?”

“When I first found him he was washed ashore with a gash on his side from the rocks so I used a medical stapler to seel the cut.”

“How’d you get him back in the water?”

You blushed remembering how close he was to you. Jackson chuckled slightly at you.

“I’m just kidding. But just as a forewarning, try not to catch feelings for any of them. I feel you might of already but you can’t fall in love with a mermaid (Y/N), it’ll only make this harder.”

You nodded your head but continued to think about what he had just said. Don’t fall in love with them? You weren’t. 

Or...were you?