Chapter 4

Levi POV

As I entered my quarters, closeing  my office doors and quickly down behind my desk, putting the book down on it as I open the first page and skiming the book.

The book told of the dragons creation and how it watched over everything protecting the weak from the mighty. Even told of how it defended humans from when the Titans first arrive. This dragon really meant us no harm. It showed of how its powers frightened Titans so much they never even came near it.

As I flip through a couple of the pages the book told of how the humans made the religion of the winged creature and how it protected them. But it also said how the dragon slept and slept, leaving the humans defenseless as the Titans mercilessly slaughtered them.

When the dragon woke it became furious with the Titans so help you mad at me, build the walls and start the survey court for when it's slapped, we could defend ourselves. It showed of the dragons mighty powers and how are used it trample all of its enemy.

As I finish to close the book, I sat leaning back at my desk, thinking. Processing all that I've read, if this dragon was truly on her side, then the fight for humanity could be over, we could win i thought and thought. And decided to be best if I slept not to think about this too hard.

I got up and headed to my bed laying down, closing my eyes, letting my last thoughts of the dragon help me drift to sleep.

What if we could end the war was all I thought about

~Time Skip~

I woke up early getting out of my bad, getting dressed immediately for a mission to prepare myself for what was to happen out of all my years serving in the survey corpse I've never had to deal so much pressure and stress. I was just dragging going to react. I've never had the opportunity of seeing them in the mission, so I had no idea what to expect. I couldn't understand Erwin's decision to let this dragon on the mission but most likely, knowing him, he had a plan.

As they left, my quarters heading down to where the dragon was last seen, I see it there laying in is sleeping form as I breathed in through its nose and out. I didn't realize that at the time, but I was staring. When I finally broke out of my trance, I walked up to the dragon and started yelling at it to wake

"Hey, get up it's morning. We have a mission, you said you were going to be there"

I yelled as it started to stir

~Y/n POV~

I began to wake up someone yelling at me. As I open my eyes to see none other than the captain Levi, I began to slowly lift my head up looking at him

" morning already "

You said looking at him

" yeah, get up and get ready we leaving sometime soon "

He responded

" alright, I'll get up, I hope you're able to find my book useful, and when you're ready, please return it to me "

You said asking him

“tch alright I'll give it back just getting ready"

He said leaving you by yourself with your thoughts as you slowly started to get up and get ready as you stretched your muscles. Cause you looked around as he soldiers already preparing their horses for the mission, I was surprised at how quickly the humans have adapted to get up so early and get ready. You saw Erwin's slowly make his way over to you as he walked when he finally made it over to you to talk and distance

"Ah good I see Levi woke you I hope you're ready, this will not be a walk in the park"

He said seriously as you just smiled at him

" don't worry, even if I've haven't been out of mission for a while, Titans are too scared of me to come anywhere near me, that means you and anyone near me as well, and also, if one did become brave enough to come near me, my scales are harder than any material on earth, so I'm not scared of a Titans bite it will do little to nothing to me"

You said to him surprising him at your straightforward answer

" good to hear what also like to be able to assess how you do on this mission, so if I'm staring at you during it please forgive me "

" no need to apologize, I understand I expect nothing less with smart man such as yourself "

" thank you now, if you're ready, will be going immediately"

" of course whenever you're ready"

As you both walked over to where the others are and stated to head to the forest where the Titans live.

~Time Skip~

You all walked through the forest, seeing no sign of Titan action, yet you began to get curious of something

" oh, and if I may ask, what are we doing in this mission and what is it for "

" Ah forgive me, I forgot to explain Titans have been wandering too close to the walls lately, our job is to get rid of the ones that are the closest and avoid as much loss as we can. The survey courts numbers have depleted dramatically over the year"

He said

" ah, I see now, if that was the case, I could have done this mission myself "

You said surprising him

" what do you mean by that "

He asked

" not to say the survey court as weak or anything, but Titans are so scared of me, once they hear me coming, they run. If you needed them to back away from the walls I could have made a roar so loud title, they'd run for miles."

You said shocking everyone

" is that really true "

A soldier asked. You were a little surprised considering how comfortably sounded with you, you then guess that the 3 soldiers but you saved most likely spread good words about you

" of course, how do you think they were able to save us"

Eren said them smiled at you and you just giggled back at how cute he is

"Enough of that Yeager ( I don't know if that's how spell his last name) "

Levi said shutting him right up

"Tch if that was true, why don't you do it now"

Levi said looking at you

" well in situations like this I'd only do that to scare them off, only if it was an absolute emergency but "

You pauses, everyone looked at you in anticipation to what you were going to say next

" I plan on killing every single last tight and I see the only way to get rid of them is to kill them"

You said, and for the first time, and not a kind of friendly voice, but a threatening one that meant business. As you  finish there was silence

" why do you want to kill them so badly you seem like such a nice person "

Armin said with a confused face

" don't get me wrong, I don't like violence on the best of days, but Titans have ruined everything I worked so hard to keep safe, you creations and joys. I'll never forgive them so long as I live. Titans are my enemy, and they shall not breathe one last breath before I end my "

You said there was silence for a while until

" we've made it, this is where the Titans have be getting too close to our borders"

Erwin said as everyone looks into the distance to see a whole swarm of Titans

Then all of a sudden everyone could hear growling. Everyone looked up to see Y/n who was staring directly at the swarm with hate filled eyes baring her fangs. Then she said

" not one of the most make it out alive "

You said clearly angered by the Titans present