Chapter 29: Up In The Clouds

Dedicated Chapter Song: The Words - Chtistina Perri

And I know the scariest part is letting go...
'Cause love is a ghost you can't control
(Hiromi)

"Looks like you won today," I laugh nervously, my limbs aching and a bandage over my cheek from where I'd gone flying into a wooden wall and tore it open- my cheek, not the wall

"Looks like you won today," I laugh nervously, my limbs aching and a bandage over my cheek from where I'd gone flying into a wooden wall and tore it open- my cheek, not the wall. Master Yang demanded I use my healing quirk on Shoto- and unfortunately, that meant causing more pain to his burnt side. I declined, but wasn't given a choice, so I only used 2% of my power to make it just dully ache for him.

"Yeah," Shoto nods as we head out to my backyard for a break. "looks like it. It also looks like you held back...a LOT."

"Did...Did it really?" I murmur, staring out off the cliff. "I think it was the environment...that room is too small for me to practice properly." I sip at my lemonade that we'd each grabbed from the kitchen on our way out. "That's kinda why I'm super excited about training camp. Since it's in some remote location, there must be plenty of space for people like us to practice."

I stare up as the sun finally sets and the stars begin to twinkle in the navy sky. "It's really pretty out tonight. Don't you think?"

"What's so pretty about the sky?" He scoffs.

"Well... there's endless possibilities beyond it. People say that it's the limit but I don't think that's quite true. Besides, it can be very beautiful at certain times of the day; like Golden Hour!"

".....you're way too cheerful about the sky..." he mutters.

"Well, would you like a bird's eye view?" I offer, startling him. "Wh- ah...no, I'm...I'm good." He mutters.

But I don't let him back down that easily. I'm on my feet in seconds, offering out my hand to him. "Come ooon! It'll be awesome! Besides, you should let loose a little before we head to training camp tomorrow. We'll be back in no time at all!"

He's hesitant, but eventually he gives in and grabs my hand, lifting himself up. "Fine. But just how do you plan on flying? You're not going to carry me, are you?"

"What, like a bride?" I giggle. "Do you have a problem with that?"

"I most certainly do. I'm the groom. Not the bride. That's your position to fill."

I stare blankly, feeling my cheeks getting red hot. "It's what now?" I speak with a croaky voice.

"Tch. So how are we gonna do this?"

Gathering myself together, I smiled and thrust my hand out towards the edge of the cliff. As if on cue, a large dragon rose from the trees and soared above us, hovering for a moment, before landing on the balcony like a helicopter on a helicopter pad.