Chapter 14 (Rewritten)

Later that evening, Captain spoke to you privately. 

"You're strong, but I noticed some things you are still lacking." He started off by getting straight to the point. 

"I'll keep this brief. I now know why Commander Erwin wants me to train you, he sees potential in you. But he also trusts the words rather than the actions. And seeing what I just saw today, I too see potential in you."

Your eyes widened a bit. That phrase seems familiar to you somehow. 

"However, just combat training with other scouts doesn't prove all that you're worth."

You lowered your head; you knew he was right. 

"The combats skills you have, keep them. It will help you when fighting titans. As of right now, I want to see your skills on odm gear. Tomorrow, I'll be watching. I trust that you'll do well." 

You nodded in response. 

"Good, rest up. Your training starts now."

And just like he promised, the area you were in was already set up for you. 

Captain Levi and the rest of your squadmates watched as Captain ordered you to maneuever in while in the air. 

"On your left!"

"To the right!"

"Slow down!"

You barely managed to keep up, and ended up falling last second. 

You grunted as you slowly sat up, Petra rushing over to your aid. 

"Y/n! Are you alright?" 

"Mm-hmm."

Captain made his way over and examined your form. 

"You're not bleeding. Think you can go again?"

Petra jolted a bit, as if she wanted to protest. 

This was the fourth time you fell last second, and Petra was starting to get worried. 

But you knew it had to be done. You nodded. 

"Good, now on your feet."

....

"Agh..." You groaned as you rubbed your bruised and aching body. 

Training with Captain is no joke. 

Yet it still wasn't done, Captain wanted to speak to you again about what happened. 

You gulped, this couldn't be good. 

You stared blankly at the journal below you as Petra hummed slightly while getting ready for bed. 

"I'm sure everything will be okay, Y/n. The worse the captain might do is--well--I'm not sure."

"Hmm..." You groaned, becoming more worried. 

"Ah--! Sorry, I made it worse, didn't I?"

You sighed and began to scribble your pen on the page of your journal. 

You still had time before meeting up with the captain later, at least try something to calm your nerves. 

"What are you doing? You seemed focused in something."

You smiled lightly at the picture you drew, it brought warmth to your heart. 

Petra peered over your shoulder, her eyes widening slightly. 

"Wow...did you draw these?"

The pages she was looking at were drawings of Eren and Armin. You've been told before that your artistic skills are amazing; you were surprised yourself on how much you improved over the years.