Chapter 25

"I'm kinda freaking out." I admitted, biting my nails.

Lavender gestured. "Don't worry about it. I thought his parents were excited to meet you!"

I shrugged, repositioning myself on Lavenders bed. "Yeah, but still. I know he'd feel so much more comfortable with me, but I'm nervous. What if they don't like me?"

Lavender rolled her eyes. "Everyone likes you. And Nathaniel will take care of you."

I smiled at the mention of his name. "You're right."

~~~~~~~~

I shut the door to the Foster house, and started up the stairs. Half of the kids were playing in the living room; playing tag, hide and seek, or eating something. Hellen bustled down aswell, than jumped when she saw me.

She placed a hand to her heart. "You nearly gave me a heart attack."

I didn't say anything. I was still angry with her for ruining my conversation.

"Where have you been lately? Remember our deal.." She cocked her head, moving the basket of laundry to her right hip.

I rolled my eyes. "I've been with Nathaniel, and Lavender. And yes, I won't forget the police hauling me out of Lavenders apartment. I'm home every night before twelve."

Hellen nodded. "So is Nathaniel your boyfriend?"

"Yep." I said curtly.

She smiled. "That's good. He seems like a nice boy, I'd love to meet him officially one day."

I half-nodded, and started up the steps again. "Oh wait, I forgot." I turned around. And faced her. "I have this dinner thing tonight, so I won't be here for dinner."

"Who is this with?"

I silently sighed. "Nathaniel. With his family."

Hellen nodded. "Okay. Just be careful okay?"

She spun around, and disappeared behind the closing wall.

I jogged up the steps, and into my room. Shutting the door behind me, I leaned against it and shut my eyes. This was going to be one interesting night.

My phone buzzed, and my eyes fluttered open. Grabbing it out of my pocket, I read an incoming text from Nathaniel.

Don't worry about tonight. I'll pick you up at six:)

I sighed, shutting my eyes oncemore. I was mentally envisioning an outfit. After all, it was November.

Knocking sounded against my door. I groaned, and swung around to grab the handle. It was the new girl, Tanya. Because Mariella had been adopted, we had unoccupied space. I hadn't exactly talked thoroughly to Tanya; only exchanging hellos and welcomes. As I looked closer, I realized she was actually really attractive. Her dark skin let off a glow, and her long eyelashes curled ever-so slightly. Tanya was chewing vigorously on neon green gum.

I smiled, recomposing myself. "Oh, hey Tanya. What's up?"

"Just wanted to ask if I could borrow your toothbrush."

I couldn't help but make a face. "Excuse me?" That is unsanitary on so many levels.

She laughed, instant dimples appearing. I liked her laugh. It was full of life. "I'm just kidding, girl." And she laughed again. "I just wanted to talk. You know, your the only one that's close to my age in this place so.." She trailed off.

I looked around my room, deciding it was clean enough, and motioned. "Come on in."

She nodded, slowly following me back in my room. I shut the door, and made my way to the bed. Leaning against the wall, I was somewhat comfortable. I watched Tanya instantly take my desk chair seat.