chapter fifteen - tattoos and terrors

chapter fifteen – tattoos and terrors

"You look so beautiful, darling" Mommy ran her hand through my hair and down my cheek.

"Marc says I'm ugly" I frowned and glanced into the mirror at how I looked. I was going to be the flower girl at Aunt Marie's wedding!

"Oh does he now?" Mommy crossed her arms. "I think I should talk to Taylor. Her son obviously has eyesight problems"

I giggled at Mommy. A smile broke through her serious face.

"Don't ever let a boy make you think you're anything less than a stunning, intelligent young lady" Mommy bent down to my level. "But can I tell you a secret, TeeTee?"

I nod excitedly.

"I think Marc is only mean to you because he likes you" Mommy smiled at me.

I scrunched my face up in disgust.

"Ew Mommy! Boys are gross!"

"Tell me something I don't know about you" I speak up from where I sat on a stool, watching Marc experiment with food.

"You know everything about me, Tee" Marc doesn't look up from the cutting board as he chopped up grilled chicken.

"We didn't talk for 3 years, Marc" I roll my eyes. "You must have something or done something new that I haven't heard about."

Marc's blue eyes connected with mine and he raised his eyebrows.

"I have a tattoo"

"You have a what?!" My eyes widened with excitement. "Does your Mom know?"

"No" Marc laughed. "You better not tell her"

I rolled my eyes.

"C'mere" Marc gestured for me to come closer. "I'll show you"

I hopped up and rushed towards him, excited to see the tattoo.

"Well are you go-" I was cut off by Marc's lips attaching to mine.

His hands found my waist and he pulled me closer. Suddenly we were having a whole make out session in the middle of his kitchen.

It felt the same way it did when we kissed at the football game and the night of the party. Full of electricity and passion.

Once he pulled away, I glared at him.

"You know you could have just asked me for a kiss" I turned around to make my way back to my seat. "You didn't have to lie about some tattoo"

"I wasn't lying" Marc laughed. "Look"

I turned around and snorted as Marc pulled down his skinny jeans.

"What are you doing?"

"It's on my leg" Marc rolled his eyes and I smirked at the little duckys on his boxers. "Shut up, ducks are cool"

"Juliet?" I raised my eyebrows at the name written on his thigh in script.

"It's what Eric said he would have wanted to name the baby" Marc explains. "The one they lost"

"Oh" I felt my heart clench.

"I know it's weird but that's what really stuck with me after the accident" Marc spoke. "The idea that you could lose life that hasn't even started yet. The reality that it happened to my brother. It... it scares me"

"Marc.." My heart broke at his words.

"The blood" Marc glanced down at his hands like he was examining them. "The fact that Matt was awake and stuck in the wreck. He could have died. He could have died, knowing that he was trapped and there was nothing they could do. That's why I want to go out quick. It terrifies me, the thought of going through what Matt did during the accident"