Chapter 32

A/N: Forgive me. My flu did not allow me to write yesterday. 

Enjoy :)

********

I blinked as I saw the vampire fidget before me. She wore brown leather pants and had it paired with a neon green shirt. With that black eyeliner that brought the fierceness in brown eyes out and that nude pink lipstick, anyone could tell that this female was a confident girl. She had to be. After all, she was the sister of the Theta of the coven under Omicron Riley.

Yet she was wringing her fingers and was slipping her feet in and out of her wedges. Next to her, the female who chose my Delta as her mate stood calmly. Aspen had a serenity on her face. And I had no doubt that it had something to do with the fact that she spent her nights with Miguel. They had not mated, for if they had, I would be the first person in my pack to know about it.

Still, that never stopped us from betting on them. Varian surprisingly did bet that Miguel would Mark Aspen in the most unlikely scenario, like in the middle of the battle. I said they would Mark within a week and Kaina said after two weeks. Brent went as far as to say that once this war was over, they would split.

Aries and Rhaze had rolled their eyes when the bets were placed. As if they were any better than us.

"Nadia," I said. "What do you want?"

It had been just yesterday that she had misunderstood me. I thought that she would take time to come around, but surprisingly the second I came down for my morning coffee, she was already there, asking me if I had free time to talk to her.

She cleared her throat. "I... I want to apologise."

I blinked again. "For yesterday?"

She nodded. "I know... I should not have questioned an Alpha. Especially when I knew what you had gone through. It was stupid of me."

I shrugged. "But you did have a point. I did leave you guys out of the loop. You had that right to question me when you are going to fight for me. It does not seem fair. I will tell everyone present here what you want to know. There are some things that are personal and I hope you can give me the right to have my privacy on those things."

Nadia's eyes widened. "You will tell us?"

I nodded. "Yes. Keeping you in the dark will not help at all. I believe that you all have brains to come with ideas of your own too."

Aspen chuckled. "Lyra, I hope you know that Alphas don't do that. They just order their pack members to get things done. No explanation. At all."

I frowned. "Can we break the Alpha's stereotypes? Please? If the Alphas don't believe their pack members. How do they expect the members to believe in them too? A leader is not supposed to take a decision by themselves and then tell everyone else. They are supposed to discuss the situation with everyone in the pack... at least with everyone to whom that decision will affect. And then take the result that will benefit many. Not just a few."

Aspen shook her head and sighed as she took a seat next to Nadia. "You know... that's definitely not how an Alpha works."

Nadia nodded. "True. I think the Omicrons should teach their young about what it is to be a leader than about dominance and authority. I wonder how you are so open-minded when it comes to this."

I glanced at the swirling coffee in my hand. I wanted tea this morning, but apparently, all the tea was over and this was the secret stash Rhaze had stored. I did miss my tea.

I took a sip. "I think it has something to do with the fact that I was human. Like I never had that wild side in me to make me so aggressive. I was assertive and dominant, yes. But if I had made a mistake, I knew to admit it and learn from it. I lead the science sector in West Pack and it was like a hidden rank in my pack, almost as equal as a Delta. I just was not given a proper title. I was a human when I lead all those wolves and I was confident but did not have head-weight. I was the youngest in my class and if I had to rise to that position in my pack when I was just seventeen, I had to know what humility was. I guess that's why I am a very different Alpha."