Forever Halloween.

It was Wednesday afternoon and West and his Dad were lazying around the house, after meeting up with his uncle, he'd gone to talk to Don, and after much 'deliberation', he'd agreed to let Dennis play.
They were interrupted from their potato couch session by a knock on the door. Paul was the first to get to the door 'cause he was expecting it to be the Pizza guy. His stomach growled in disappointment when it wasn't who he thought it was.

"Hey."

"Dennis." Paul responded in a bored tone.

"Could we talk?" He inquired.

Paul turned his head towards the inside of the house and looked at West before mouthing 'play along' to him. West nodded, but he knew he wouldn't in fact, be playing along. The brothers needed to have a serious talk.

"We're actually on our way out. To Cambridge."

"Actually," West began as he got up from the couch to stand next to his dad, "The meeting's in like two hours. Isn't that right, Dad? So you two have plenty of time to talk." West patted an irritated Paul's back before throwing both his thumbs up, and escaping to his room.
-

An hour later, Dennis knocked on West's bedroom door, he didn't even wait for confirmation to come in before pushing the door open.

"Did you talk to Don?"

"Jesus. What if I'd been naked?" West hissed as he stepped out of his bathroom.

"I've seen you naked before." Dennis commented with a roll of his eyes.

"Yeah, when I was like, 1."

He threw himself on top of his bed and lay down with his hands resting behind his head.

"He will let your wrongful arrest slide, but only if you give him your wife's-- your soon to be ex-wife's number."

"What? That's absurd!" Dennis yelled.
That was a natural reaction for him, he had perfected the act of pretending to be a good, not gay at all, husband, for years. Jealousy over absolutely nothing was one of the traits he'd acquired during his 10 year marriage to Winona. He'd never loved her like that. He tried to convince himself he did, for 8 whole years, but it was useless. No matter how much he tried, he could never change the one thing he hated about himself, so he chose to ignore it, at least until a new Detective started working at the station 2 years ago.

"It's a good deal."

"You know, now that I think about it, Reggie kind of looks like Don. That son of a--"

"No. No. I was kidding." West interjected, "Reggie isn't Don's kid. Why would he ask for her number if he was already sleeping with her, dude? And he'll let you play, 9 P.M tonight."

Dennis pinched the bridge of his nose, then released a regretful sigh. He wondered why he even bothered to ask his nephew for help. Most of the things that came out of West's mouth were literal torture to him. "Why do you keep practicing your dry ass jokes on me?"

West tilted his head skywards then squinted his eyes as if he was thinking of an answer.

"I don't have an answer for you." He replied after a few short seconds.
Dennis shook his head in annoyance, then started moving towards the door.

"What did you say to my Dad?"

"We just talked." He replied whilst still facing the door. "It's none of your business."

"Oh, so it was that kind of talk."

Dennis whipped around, then narrowed his eyes at his nephew. "What kind of talk?"