||5.

This chapter is dedicated to Jhoiakpan she's always reminding me to upload a new chapter. Check out her amazing book ; In Pursuit of Him.

Enjoy,

                                  • • •

                      ||Eno's POV||

My parents and I stood patiently at the airport as we waited for the arrival of Emem, the next evening. To while away our time, we decided to watch a phone advertisement not to far from where we stood.

I preferred to be anywhere but here. I do not see the reason why my parents would let me tag along with them. I mean, it's just my sister that was coming and not God.

"There she is!" Mum screeched all of a sudden, snapping me away from my thoughts. I looked ahead, to see Emem walking towards our direction and not to far from her, was a staff rolling her luggage.

Though someone who was seeing us for the first time could sight one or two resemblance in Emem and I, it didn't change the fact that we weren't identical twin.

We were both dark skinned but Emem was a bit lighter than I was. She took after my mum, while I looked more like my dad. We both had the same lips, body structure and same height. And it was obvious that I was the better looking twin, no contest needed.

"Mum, Dad!" Emem sighed happily, as she wrapped her hands around mum and dad. "I've missed you guys so much."

"You've been in the state for five years, of course you'd miss them." I muttered, but mostly to myself.

"And you're here too," Emem said dryly. Unfortunately for me, she heard my comments.

"Miss you too Emem!" I gave her a fake smile, before walking over to the staff that held her luggage. I grasped two boxes and wheeled it to my parents. "I'll go drop this in the car." I announced. That was the only excuse I had in other to leave their presence. They should be with their precious and favorite child.

I shoved the boxes into the car truck and closed it with annoyance.  I quickly got into the back seat to relax a bit, before they show up.

My calm atmosphere was short lived when I heard the car doors open in sync. I groaned internally, as Emem took the seat beside me.

"So honey," Dad started, as he turned on the ignition. "How was your stay in the state?" Dad began to reverse, so he could get out of the parking space.

"T'was fine dad," Emem sighed. "I don't see the reason why you'd let me come back to Nigeria."

"Me too," I voiced out. Finally, we both agreed on the same thing.

"Nigeria's your father's land and we all want you to finish your studies in your father's land."

"Not me," I deadpanned, as I looked at Alex's instagram pictures. I was over him, just wanted to monitor his movement for a little while. I thought he would have changed his profile picture, but he didn't. He still had a picture of both of us playing on the beach sand.

"Stop saying rude comments, Eno!" Mum sighed, already feeling frustrated by my actions.

"Well," Emem spoke, brushing me off. "I can see some improvement." She admired the scenery through the window.

I locked my phone screen, then looked at Emem. "Of course it's going to change. Do you want it to be stagnant?" I scoffed.

"Can you girls stop arguing for one minute?" Dad sighed as he glanced at us through the rear view mirror. "Emem, you'll love it here. Besides, do you remember the school has a swim team?"